BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer took in a used 2013 M5 F10 with 11,000 miles. It's loaded with soft closed doors, seat massagers, and all the other goodies. It also comes with black Strasse wheels (SM7 deep concave monoblocks). I took it for a test drive and absolutely loved it.

The "stealer" is currently asking $73.8K (and was asking $81.5K last week). Is this a good deal? Since winter is fast approaching, do you think there might be wiggle room in that price? BTW, I have a 2007 BMW M5 with 80K miles (all the bolt-ons) looking to trade. They haven't given me a trade-in price and said they would need my car for a couple of hours to determine its condition.

Guys, I can't decide if I should pull the trigger now or wait until spring / summer next year. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
If you love the car and really want the new one go for it. Winter is the best time to buy a high performance car as the market (at least where it gets cold and snowy) is typically very soft. The dealer is aware of this as the price has been dropped significantly in the last week. On the downside this will also be reflected in what they are willing to offer for your e60.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My local dealer took in a used 2013 M5 F10 with 11,000 miles. It's loaded with soft closed doors, seat massagers, and all the other goodies. It also comes with black Strasse wheels (SM7 deep concave monoblocks). I took it for a test drive and absolutely loved it.

The "stealer" is currently asking $73.8K (and was asking $81.5K last week). Is this a good deal? Since winter is fast approaching, do you think there might be wiggle room in that price? BTW, I have a 2007 BMW M5 with 80K miles (all the bolt-ons) looking to trade. They haven't given me a trade-in price and said they would need my car for a couple of hours to determine its condition.

Guys, I can't decide if I should pull the trigger now or wait until spring / summer next year. Thanks for your help.
Tough to say. The mileage is low but the options on these cars can sway the MSRP $20,000 and that influences the resale value. Get the VIN and post it (you'll want that anyway to check its history/carfax out.)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. The VIN# is WBSFV9C59DD096936 if that helps. I will bring my e60 in for appraisal some time this week.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. The VIN# is WBSFV9C59DD096936 if that helps. I will bring my e60 in for appraisal some time this week.
Compare against cars.com; comparing in your area is more relevant if you're not willing to drive it back from elsewhere or pay shipping fees. My personal preferences having had a couple of F10 M5s leaves this particular car wanting only the full-leather package (leather dash, leather doors, leather center-console, etc.) but this really is just personal preference.

Here's what I found on cars.com for that model year and rough mileage:

Used 2013 BMW M5 - in 98290 Area - on Cars.com

The breakdown of that VIN is below (it's a good selection of options but you really must check the carfax out, too):

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TH class=table width="10%">
Code​
</TH> <TH class=table width="45%">
Description (interface)​
Description (EPC)​
</TH></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S1CAA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SELEKTION COP RELEVANTER FAHRZEUGE</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Selection of COP relevant vehicles</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S248A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>LENKRADHEIZUNG</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Steering wheel heater</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S2NZA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>M LM RAEDER DOPPELSPEICHE 343 M/MB</TD> <TD class=table align=left>BMW LA wheel, M Double Spoke 343</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S2VBA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>REIFENDRUCKANZEIGE</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Tire pressure display</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S316A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>AUTOMATISCHE HECKKLAPPENBETAETIGUNG</TD> <TD class=table align=left>automatic trunk lid mechanism</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S319A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>INTEGRIERTE UNIVERSAL-FERNBEDIENUNG</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Integrated universal remote control</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S322A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>KOMFORTZUGANG</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Comfort access</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S323A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SOFT-CLOSE-AUTOMATIK FUER TUEREN</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Soft-Close-Automatic doors</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S3AGA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>RUECKFAHRKAMERA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Reversing camera</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S415A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SONNENSCHUTZROLLO FUER HECKSCHEIBE</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Sun-blind, rear</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S416A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SONNENSCHUTZROLLOS</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Roller sun vizor, rear lateral</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S423A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>FUSSMATTEN IN VELOURS</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Floor mats, velours</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S430A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>INNEN-/AUSSENSPIEGEL AUT.ABBLENDEND</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Interior/outside mirror with auto dip</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S431A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>INNENSPIEGEL,AUTOMATISCH ABBLENDEND</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Interior mirror with automatic-dip</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S453A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>AKTIVE SITZBELUEFTUNG VORN</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Climatised fornt seats</TD></TR> <TR> <TH class=table width="10%">
Code​
Description (interface)​
Description (EPC)​
</TH></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S455A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>AKTIVSITZ FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Active seat for driver and passenger</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S464A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SKISACK</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Ski bag</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S465A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>DURCHLADESYSTEM</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Through-loading system</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S488A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>LORDOSENSTUETZE FAHRER/BEIFAHRER</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Lumbar support, driver and passenger</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S496A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SITZHEIZUNG FUER FONDSITZE</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Seat heating, rear</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S4CEA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>EDELHOLZAUSF.FINELINE ANTHRAZIT</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Fine woodgrain vers., Fineline anthrac.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S4M8A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>INDIVIDUAL FOND-LESELEUCHTEN</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Individual rear-reading light</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S4MAA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>M MULTIFUNKTIONSSITZ FA./BEIFAHRER</TD> <TD class=table align=left>M multifunction seat</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S4NBA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>KLIMAAUTOMATIK MIT 4-ZONENREGELUNG</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Autom. climate control with 4-zone ctrl</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S508A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC)</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Park Distance Control (PDC)</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S524A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>ADAPTIVES KURVENLICHT</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Adaptive Headlights</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S575A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>ZUSAETZLICHE 12-V-STECKDOSEN</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Supplementary 12V sockets</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S5ADA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SPURVERLASSENSWARNUNG</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Lane departure warning</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S5AGA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SPURWECHSELWARNUNG</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Lane-change warning</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S5DLA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SURROUND VIEW</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Surround View</TD></TR> <TR> <TH class=table width="10%">
Code​
Description (interface)​
Description (EPC)​
</TH></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S609A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Navigation system Professional</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S610A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>HEAD-UP DISPLAY</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Head-up display</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S615A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>ERWEITERTE BMW ONLINE INFORMATION</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Expanded BMW Online Information</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S655A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SATELLITENTUNER</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Satellite tuner</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S677A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL</TD> <TD class=table align=left>HiFi System Professional DSP</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S696A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>DVD-WECHSLER 6-FACH</TD> <TD class=table align=left>DVD changer</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S697A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>AREA-CODE 1</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Area-Code 1 for DVD</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S6AAA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>BMW TELESERVICES</TD> <TD class=table align=left>BMW TeleServices</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S6ABA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>STEUERUNG TELESERVICES</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Control for Teleservices</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S6NFA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>MUSIC-SCHNITTSTELLE FUER SMARTPHONE</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Music interface for Smartphone</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S6NLA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>ANBIND.BLUETOOTH-U.USB-GERAETE INKL</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Connection Bluetooth + USB devices incl.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S6NRA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>APPS</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Apps</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S6UHA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>TRAFFIC INFORMATION</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Traffic Information</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S754A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>M HECKSPOILER</TD> <TD class=table align=left>M Rear spoiler</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S776A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>INDIVIDUAL DACHH. ALCANTARA ANTHR.</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Headliner in Alcantara anthracite</TD></TR> <TR> <TH class=table width="10%">
Code​
Description (interface)​
Description (EPC)​
</TH></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S8KCA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>OELWARTUNGSINT. 24.000KM/24MONATE</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Dummy-SALAPA</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S8S4A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>DECODIERUNG VARIABLE LICHTVERTEILUN</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Decoding variable light distribution</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S8SCA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>LAENDERSPEZ. TELESERVICEFREISCH.</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Telematics access request,country-spec.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S8THA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SPEED LIMIT INFO</TD> <TD class=table align=left>SPEED LIMIT INFO</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S8TNA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>TAGFAHRLICHT UEBER LICHTMENUE EINST</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Dummy-SALAPA</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S925A</TD> <TD class=table align=left>VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Dummy-SALAPA</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=table align=center>S9AAA</TD> <TD class=table align=left>AUSSENHAUTSCHUTZ</TD> <TD class=table align=left>Outer skin protection</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
All in all, not a bad deal. But that deal depends sooooo much on its history.

// EDIT

Carfax indicates a trouble-free history. If it were me, I'd have the service records pulled up by a local BMW dealer to seal the deal with peace of mind (service records tell a great deal: frequency, same complaint, etc.) and often indicate a reason for its sale. If all that checks out, then it's all down to your gut.

·
Registered
133 Posts

That is around what I paid for my 2013 with 12K miles and similar equipment (except I have 19" wheels and the aluminum interior trim). They were originally asking $85K, original MSRP was $110K. They gave me such a good deal on my Cayenne S that I couldn't pass it up. It was serviced at the dealership and they gave me all of the maintenance records.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check for recurrent Dsc drivetrain malfunction. I had a 2013 M5 and this issue kept on coming back. Truly irritating and dealer had no clue why it kept on happening. Before i replaced with 2014, they told me it was because of the 'electronic waves' in Saudi Arabia!!!! Basically they could have blamed it on leprechauns and it may have sounded more convincing. Good luck and post pics of the beast.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback guys! We are getting 10-14" of snow in Minnesota today, UGH! Why do I live here? It could be awhile before I get my e60 to the dealership but will keep everyone posted. Yeah, having the leather dash, door, and console would be nice as this is what I have now.

I will have them check into those malfunctions too. I would hate to pick up an F10 and have those issues; besides, we have a fair amount of Irish in this area and Leprechauns are more prevalent :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check for recurrent Dsc drivetrain malfunction. I had a 2013 M5 and this issue kept on coming back. Truly irritating and dealer had no clue why it kept on happening. Before i replaced with 2014, they told me it was because of the 'electronic waves' in Saudi Arabia!!!! Basically they could have blamed it on leprechauns and it may have sounded more convincing. Good luck and post pics of the beast.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
hiha

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

If you are interested in performance, IMHO you should hold out for a F10 with the Competition Package which probably means a 2014 or newer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been shopping now for about 6 weeks for an F10 that's NOT Black or dark gray. The Comp Pkg is great and I have not seen the 13's with that option so I suppose it does not exist in a 13. CPO'd 13 are going for $70-78K depending on options. I'm going to pick one up today for $72K out the door if we can work out a deal. What extended warranty do y'all suggest in lieu of the factory one? Is there a perferred non-BMW 3rd party that's a great option?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dealer told me they would need to inspect my car for a day before arriving at a fair wholesale value. As such, we made an appointment to bring it in that Saturday but we ended up with 6+ inches of snow. My car now sits in my garage sleeping for the winter. I will likely look again in the spring.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Your dealer knows what your car is worth without seeing it (at least a narrow price range anyway). There might be a slight adjustment if they find something wrong with it. The new one sounds like a good deal. Why don't you have the dealer pick up your car with a flat bed and do the inspection. If you can't agree on final value, just flatbed it home and park it for the winter. One thing is sure : both cars will be worth less in the spring. BMW has just dropped the residuals on new 2014's and '15s. In Canada, 39 month lease residual is 44%. The value of these cars is dropping like a rock - not sure why, but it will affect all cars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd consider waiting just a few months till about Feb. Used inventory won't be much different than now and you'll probably get the best price in the dead of winter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm glad to hear you are looking into the F10 M5's. I saw that M5 on Friday. My friend and I went to look at the 2015 Space Gray one they had at Motorwerks and also looked at the 2013 Black one.

I'm also going to pick one up also this Winter/Spring. We will have some new beasts at C&C next year!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts