BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to finally get my sagging EDC shocks rebuilt. I found a hydraulic repair shop locally that said they could rebuild them based on the description I gave them (automotive twin-tube fluid hydraulic shock with two solonoid valves on the body to control fluid flow). This shop specializes in repairing/rebuilding/refurbishing hydraulics for construction and agricultural applications, so they work on all sorts of wierd stuff (small to giant shock absorbers with multiple stage fluid reservours and on-board external valving, etc). If this works out, I'll be sure to share the info with you guys.

While I was at it, I decided to update the other major components in the suspension, do the 3.6L single-mass flywheel mod and upgrade to a Sachs 'Power Clutch.' And, since I was having the transmission pulled, I decided to fix the side-to-side slop in my shifter by replacing the selector rod with a UUC DSSR and the associated bushings.

Sachs 'Power Clutch' and UUC DSSR. Watch for scale. :haha:

All the parts.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Good luck with the EDC rebuild. I've read about the guy in Brasil who did the same, and would be interested to hear how you get on.

There must be someone in the UK who can do this...? :confused3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts