BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just too lazy to read the manual or search for it. Is there a button to open the boot from inside the car like we had on the E39? I can't find one.

Please tell me it isn't an IDrive sub sub sub menu!! :confused2

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Just too lazy to read the manual or search for it. Is there a button to open the boot from inside the car like we had on the E39? I can't find one.

Please tell me it isn't an IDrive sub sub sub menu!! :confused2
Don't know but use the buttom on the key. ;)

sheers

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I've been doing. Seriously guys is there a release button in the car?

·
Registered
256 Posts
There isn't one my dealer said and I couldn't find one anywhere, probably because the boot lid pops open and is not really damped that well on the way up. Just a thought it is a saftey issue.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Air-brake!

·
Registered
829 Posts
1.NEON said:
There isn't one my dealer said and I couldn't find one anywhere, probably because the boot lid pops open and is not really damped that well on the way up. Just a thought it is a saftey issue.
As I understand it, it is possible to open the luggage compartment from the key however.

I'm not sure but I thought you had to press and hold the "door unlock" button in the center console.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Haven't tried the door unlock button yet, but if you use the button on the key, you have to turn off the engine first, which is annoying...

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
sydl said:
Ashok, if you're in the car and the doors are unlocked the boot is also unlocked. The person just has to squeeze the soft release on the boot and it will open.
Just make sure the boot lock isn't in the deadlock position (which is horizontal, I think)

·
Registered
540 Posts
edlee said:
E60s are not equipped with the button as a standard feature. It is an option which will set you back about USD 90.00 depending on your dealer. I know because I fitted one into my 545.
Its now standard in Europe asof september

·
Registered
520 Posts
sydl said:
Ashok, if you're in the car and the doors are unlocked the boot is also unlocked. The person just has to squeeze the soft release on the boot and it will open.
That is true, but if the car is dirty or a passenger approaching the car has her/his hands full, the inside opener is very handy. I wish my car had it. I always used it on my Benz when I picked the kids up from school.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
That's what I've been doing. Seriously guys is there a release button in the car?
No, the release button is installed on the MY2006 on all E60 models produced week 37 onward.

BR
Marco

1 - 20 of 28 Posts