BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to really open her up yesterday with the new Headers, and Powerchip.
All I can say is WOW! This car has a whole new personality! It sounds
WICKED, and really freakin moves! OK whats next??? Should I do the
evosport pulleys?? :M5launch: :M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Sounds great.

Cannot wait to get my car back from DA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not do the cats, I am definitely checking out the pulleys.:M5launch: :M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
pullyes on any car is my opinion is a waste of money...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,865 Posts
Stevus said:
I did not do the cats, I am definitely checking out the pulleys.:M5launch: :M5launch:
I did the pulleys at the same time as the headers (no cats). I can't tell how much it helped, but the engine revs a lot more freely up and down. It is much easier to get a smooth downshift. You do pick up some minimum power as the pulleys spin slower. It would actually be interesting for you to dyno now and then after pulleys to see what difference they make. When Evosport had them for 25% off, I thought it was a reasonale value. And I got the audio version, so I only lightened my alt pulley.
Regards,
Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats the difference between the audiophile evosport pulleys, and the more expensive version??? And why would some:confused: one choose one over the other?


gsfent said:
I did the pulleys at the same time as the headers (no cats). I can't tell how much it helped, but the engine revs a lot more freely up and down. It is much easier to get a smooth downshift. You do pick up some minimum power as the pulleys spin slower. It would actually be interesting for you to dyno now and then after pulleys to see what difference they make. When Evosport had them for 25% off, I thought it was a reasonale value. And I got the audio version, so I only lightened my alt pulley.
Regards,
Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,865 Posts
Stevus said:
Whats the difference between the audiophile evosport pulleys, and the more expensive version??? And why would some:confused: one choose one over the other?
Audio kit does not give you a smaller pulley for the alternator, just a lightened standard size pulley. I am running amps for my stereo and a reduction in alt speed may compromise performance. Check the website or talk to Brad or Vadim.
Regards,
Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
i cant remember. If not, i would do those if you can deal with a litlte more noise. If not, i would do the UDP's
I just got my car back Tuesday from EvoSport. I did the SS headers and SS met racing cats.

The sound is unbelievable. Along with the Tubi, I love it. Not too intrusive either, I think it is just about perfect.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top