BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
GradX, my upgrades for $560 included the steel braided lines, super blue fluid, thus according to Dave aka Teutonaddict may be considered worth it. Obviously, I like it especially with the color matched splitter. One thing I will upgrade before heading back to RA is going to the racing version of the Mintex pads, and maybe, commissions willing (wife not knowing as well) will upgrade the brake system. If I do I will post. Murph

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Update: After friendly prodding by JonB, I came off my matte black position and went for the color-matched (Carbon) splitter piece. It looks awesome!

For those of you still considering the upgrade (especially those of you tracking your Beasts), it's well worth the time. Even when installing by removing the front bumper, it's still a two-hour procedure. A small price to pay to eliminate brake-fade!

-Dave

------------------
'00 Carbon Black/Black All-Leather/Sportive

·
Registered
887 Posts
Teutonaddict...I am SO proud of you!!! I knew you guys would come around eventually!
:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
DrKev-
I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I can figure stuff out!

I STILL got to be a cheap bastard, though: my service guy said he'd see if his body man would paint it gratis since he sends so much work there. So Jon (the other Atlanta M5er I helped with a duct conversion) and I gave him our splitters and voila! two carbon black inserts for exactly $0.00.

Oh, happy day!!!

-Dave

------------------
'00 Carbon Black/Black All-Leather/Sportive

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ordered my duct parts from Pacific BMW today (they keep them in stock...you guys are creating some demand) so, they should show up this week, and I'll get to install them this weekend.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
15 Participants
JEM
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing