BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strapped in.. no spill/mess. :biggrin:

In need of a solution to secure items in the trunk..

Anyone have any way (purchased or something you rigged on your own) to secure items in the trunk? I saw BMW sells these fold down/up crates/boxes.. anybody use them?

With 1/2 bags I strap them in.. With other things I place it down in rear seat passengers footwell.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302367267.543904.jpg

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I learned my lesson back in November when I took a corner and then hit the brakes for a traffic light, then heard a smack, lol, now I always buckle any type of bag if I can.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
damn i love your interior color and seude.

for my groceries and loose items, i just have boxes in my trunk to keep them LOL.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a publix crate to store cleaning supplies, a stop-tech BBK box to hold my clean microfibers, and just buy a few bungee cords, and you can make your own cargo web to any size you prefer. This is your chance to be creative! mmmmmm

Reactions: MKSixer

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use an old cargo net with four hooks that fit into the four loops on the floor of the trunk. Not sure where the cargo net came from becuase it was left over in a cabinet in my garage. It maybe an old Explorer and fits just right in the M5 trunk.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
I used milk crates that were "bungie" corded to the cargo net hold downs....worked fine

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Seat belts in the cabin, cargo nets in the trunk. I try to minimize my carrying things in the M to hauling ***! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Seat belts in the cabin, cargo nets in the trunk. I try to minimize my carrying things in the M to hauling ***! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
I carry remnants of other cars that I suck through my intake that seem to clog the engine bay. :angel:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I carry remnants of other cars that I suck through my intake that seem to clog the engine bay. :angel:
Crap, I hate when that happens!! :grinyes:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha.. I'm looking for some simple solutions that require a lot of money, but look good. Such as... BMW parts. Here's what found, anyone ever see/use this stuff below?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302471935.113886.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302471962.884096.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302471976.609738.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302471986.632068.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am pretty sure this one works just fine in the back of our cars...

BMW 5-Series (E39) Cargo Net
You know in the back/trunk of all AMG vehicles they have a similar net but just runs across where the latch is, from left wheel to right wheel.. It doesnt lay across the entire trunk (from hood to trunk). So its there for you to put small loose items in..

These crates fro, BMW look nice, but I wonder how (or if they) are secured into place.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
407 Posts
Your phone is about to die. LOL :biggrinbounce:

Idk If i care for the first giant crate... you can get real creative and go to Home Depot and build a wooden masterpiece then cover it in soft fuzzy fabric in black. yawnnnn

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your phone is about to die. LOL :biggrinbounce:

Idk If i care for the first giant crate... you can get real creative and go to Home Depot and build a wooden masterpiece then cover it in soft fuzzy fabric in black. yawnnnn
My iPad.. you should have seen how fast I was typing/uploading.. I just made it.. haha. The fabric similar to what they wrap a subwoofer in right? I might try that if the self-folding BMW boxes don't work.
I'm using one of those velcro-secured folding boxes in the trunk. The velcro sticks very securely, and the box falls (self-folds) totally flat when not in use.
The folding BMW boxes secure themselves with velcro? Perfect.. thank you for the info. Looks like the way to go for what I need.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Once....

during a panic brake situation the rear headrests came off, one hit my headrest, the other hit the windshield, it was a few days after a full interior detail and maybe I forgot to secure them, but still shows what can happen....

since then anything that can fly goes into the trunk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts