BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The October issue (UK) of T3 mentions that BMW offers a M5 "online option" for email....I suppose through the Navsat system. Anyone know about this?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
High Timbers said:
The October issue (UK) of T3 mentions that BMW offers a M5 "online option" for email....I suppose through the Navsat system. Anyone know about this?
Oh My Gosh...just what we need. People scrolling through spam while driving down the road. Voice conversations on a cell phone while driving aren't enough anymore. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Digi said:
Oh My Gosh...just what we need. People scrolling through spam while driving down the road. Voice conversations on a cell phone while driving aren't enough anymore. :D
I agree. I think UK models (perhaps some other parts in europe too) have an option for online system on the idrive, under the "suicide" menu near 'climate'. Its an online system that does things like sports, weather, reservations, address book and email, etc... its kind of an 'onstar' equivalent, if you will. Personally I think its overkill and a danger to everyone on the road. Im suprised at how much car companies get away with in europe. As if the onboard television option wasnt crazy enough. whats next? :confused3
"option 4MP: Automatic Foot massage, with steering wheel mounted control in place of horn; note: deletes standard brake and gas pedal (european markets only)" :hihihi:

meanwhile in North America, the E60 didnt even get red rear reflectors cause they werent regulation height!!!!? like what the HELL is 'regulation rear reflector height' anyway?!!!!!!!

:confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't have said it better myself. It's nuts!
e60beast said:
I agree. I think UK models (perhaps some other parts in europe too) have an option for online system on the idrive, under the "suicide" menu near 'climate'. Its an online system that does things like sports, weather, reservations, address book and email, etc... its kind of an 'onstar' equivalent, if you will. Personally I think its overkill and a danger to everyone on the road. Im suprised at how much car companies get away with in europe. As if the onboard television option wasnt crazy enough. whats next? :confused3
"option 4MP: Automatic Foot massage, with steering wheel mounted control in place of horn; note: deletes standard brake and gas pedal (european markets only)" :hihihi:

meanwhile in North America, the E60 didnt even get red rear reflectors cause they werent regulation height!!!!? like what the HELL is 'regulation rear reflector height' anyway?!!!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree to- that is pretty crazy. But what's crazier is that we still cannot get
BMW individual in the U.S. :sad2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
e60beast said:

:D

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
It's certainly no worse than all of the idiots I see reaching for and using their Blackberrys and pda cellphones. If you really want to restrict technology to promote safety, I would start by making the rearview mirror not adjustable to look back at the driver for putting on make-up. However, I would not do this or any of the other things because stupid people will always find creative ways to show their stupidity. It's one of the basic laws of nature and Darwin well described its effects.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts