BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week marks the one year anniversary with our M5 6 speed.

11000 miles.

677 gallons (50 visits) of mostly Mobil or BP 93

Oil. Changed at 1200 and 8800. Now 0.9, added since new, 6 liters. (4 of them "free"...)

No maintenance issues, except still unexplained engine vibration especially in the 1200 to 1500 rpm range. Have not yet upgraded "system" to enable turning off DSC.

Took snow wheels/tires off yesterday, and it immediately seemed like someone added 100 HP. I am thinking that the squirmy tread of the Blizzaks make DSC more active/sensitive, even with MDM invoked.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Why haven't you repaired the engine vibration ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Similar Interest

This week marks the one year anniversary with our M5 6 speed.

11000 miles.

677 gallons (50 visits) of mostly Mobil or BP 93

Oil. Changed at 1200 and 8800. Now 0.9, added since new, 6 liters. (4 of them "free"...)

No maintenance issues, except still unexplained engine vibration especially in the 1200 to 1500 rpm range. Have not yet upgraded "system" to enable turning off DSC.

Took snow wheels/tires off yesterday, and it immediately seemed like someone added 100 HP. I am thinking that the squirmy tread of the Blizzaks make DSC more active/sensitive, even with MDM invoked.

Eric,
What do you do for work? I live in Mukwonago, but work in New Berlin. Are you planning any track events this year with your M5? Just changed to summer tires today. Looking to buy Michelin Sport PS2s or Conti SportContact 3s. What are you using?

Regards,

JDS M5

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JDS M5, I will PM you.

UFH, the vibration is very noticeable just up from idle at 1200 or so and then mostly diminishes in the next few hundred rpm, but still there (I think) up through the range of rpm. The dealer alternately has said "can't duplicate", "normal", "no clue", etc. I have an understanding with him that the next time a BMW zone guy comes he will meet with me to assess. It feels like a out of balance component (flywheel e. g.) but it seems to me it would just get worse with more rpm. I would live with it but worry about the long term issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts