BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this in the LA times while eating lunch today-

New Century BMW in Alhambra, CA has a 2010 E60 M5, White/Black, seems loaded.

New car, 101k msrp- asking 81k. Could probably get them to 75k easily, maybe even lower.

Just a heads up incase anyone still wants a new one. Clearly, the used market has offerings at lower prices- but, if I was in the market to buy an E60 M5 and keep it for a long time, I'd spring for the new one.

Reactions: Dntlvet and Gustav

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I see that your post has a lot of looks but no reply.

Can you provide a URL?

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Google the dealer name. It looks like they have two 2010 M5s in stock, but on their web site they are showing full MSRP.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Nobody will ever find as good a BMW as the V-10....normally aspirated...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Such a deal!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is most certainly why I posted this. Sport sedans will never be the same- the E60 M5 is the last of its kind. To me, a new car is much more desirable than a used car- and this M5, at say 70k- with a Dinan stroker + suspension + big brakes + wheels = 120k purchase that I'd never get tired of. Ofcourse, a new M5 with an ECU will probably be faster (and 10k cheaper), but in terms of driving feel and enjoyment (and sound)- N/A any day.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That is such a good deal. If I had seen that back when I was looking for my M6, I probably would have gone for this M5 instead. I almost want to buy it just on principle, thankfully my bank account won't permit me to do something that rash.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Looks like a good deal (if you are looking for a new car, that is). Any idea if it is 6 speed or SMG? I see a lot of 6 speeds at the end of the year marked down to these levels, but rarely an SMG.

afc1

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
UFH, you could not be more correct! The F10 will be nice, but not nearly as special as the E60 M5 with the S85 engine. Not only will the engine not be anywhere near as good, but the F10 body style really feels much bigger. I sat in one for the first time yesterday at Braman BMW in West Palm Beach, and I honestly thought I was sitting in a 7 series (very nice interior, but just feels HUGE). I'm hoping it feels smaller when actually driving it.

Are you planning on picking an F10 M5 up?

afc1

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
The car in question is an SMG vehicle.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I was at this dealership today and I checked out this car. It is spanking brand new with only 21 miles on it.

Here is a photo:

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
Still the question remains as to why its been with them for so long? It's not like a color no one wanted or options that no one would take. It's a fully loaded car in a very nice color combo.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Still the question remains as to why its been with them for so long? It's not like a color no one wanted or options that no one would take. It's a fully loaded car in a very nice color combo.
my car was at the stealer for 10 months prior to purchase...with 8 miles....sometimes its a tough market...especially with a new model coming out

·
Registered
418 Posts
My car is an April 2003 build and was not sold until February 22 2004 (Prestige BMW in NJ). I guess it is typical for outgoing models.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts