BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

One of the Last! 2010 E60 Interlagos Blue M5 early thoughts and pictures

6K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  Gustav 
#1 ·
Y'all:

These pix are of my new Interlagos Blue E60 M5. There seem now to be zero new ones available in the US. When I got mine it was one of two left in the country (both in Florida, oddly enough), so my Washington-state dealer had it shipped up: 27 miles on the odometer at delivery. Looking online today, I see zero more new Interlagos Blue M5s available in the US.

"Mods" so far:

Okay, so most of those hardly qualify as being "mods", more strictly "accessories"...I have a warranty to keep in force! Those will come later.

Like most on the board, I absolutely love the car: great to drive, great to pass, great to speed, and even just great to listen to. My girlfriend is insisting I name the car ("Monique") so when the car steals my time from her, she doesn't have to just keep saying "you're spending time with that b!tch again, aren't you!".... And, also so when the Nav system gives lame directions ("follow the road...") we have someone we can tell to shut up. Okay, the GF is not that jealous :1:. Some of the things I REALLY like:

• Sending a navigation destination to the car via BMW Assist from inside Google Maps. Use it all the time, LOVE that!
  • The fact that nobody wants to "race" on the roads; just play and have fun with no hard feelings; and that anybody that has a car that could compete/beat the M5 knows we'd just end up killing some Subaru moron who wouldn't get out of the way.
  • Interior appointments and seats are very nice!
  • Exterior styling is VERY oddly similar to my blue 2003 Mazda 6s. Side by side, they're like brothers separated at birth: one smaller and slimmer, the other buffed and muscular.
  • iDrive. Yes, really. I'm rather a computer geek, and so specialized interfaces don't bother me much, and this one is pretty decent.

Since it's the last of the last, I'm very confident that BMW worked out ALL the bugs in the vehicle....LOL...yeah right...NOT. Now for the list of "bugs" in the car. I won't list the obvious and oft-mentioned ones (cupholders, low-end torque, ...), just the other ones I'm seeing.

• Cruise control dropping out after gear changes...
  • No USB-style phone charger plug in the center console (in addition to the iPod plug)
  • Oil-level sensor takes a day to "learn" the post-change oil level? What 's us with that?
  • The trunk-space-wasting metal CD-changer box
  • Hood has to be dropped hard to get both sides to latch
  • Voice Command: that b!tch Monique has YET to understand a single word I say!
A few Saturdays ago, when the sun decided to show itself here around Seattle, I washed the car and drove over to the new-ish Elementary school, which I knew would be deserted, and snapped some shots. Sorry, no interior pictures just yet; it's black full perforated leather with dark walnut trim; nothing particularly special there, and the bright sunlight made the interior shots darned ugly; will need to set up some artificial (flash) lighting to get the tones right.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Blue

Vehicle Car Grille Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Bmw

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Grille Blue Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive lighting

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive design

The above shots are reduced to 900pixels max height/width. If you want to see them up to 2000 pixels, go to FotoPlayer (requires Flash). If for some crazy reason you really want "full-size", let me know...they are 6000x4000 pixels (24 MPixel), and even the JPEGs are 8+ MB per image. But, I'm happy to get them to you if you really feel the need to print them poster-size. Just have lots of blue ink on hand!

Enjoy! If you look closely, yes, you'll see that some of them have dust and even a (microfiber) towel thread or two. My "assistant" was out that day. Sadly, it's raining here AGAIN today. It's already the summer solstice and Seattle hasn't hit 75F yet; the rain just keeps on coming. I suppose it's payment for our beautiful long summer last year, and our mild winter.

Thom

See less See more
#3 ·
As I mentioned, the bright sun that day made for terrible lighting on the interior. I'll have to set up a different fully-indoor shoot with strobes/flashes for that the interior. I'll commit fully to an "eventually" timeframe on that one ;-).

#6 ·
#7 ·
Thanks, mdyaman (and others who've responded),

In my case, I was very specific with the dealer: NEW only. Not "used only by the sales manager's wife", not "only driven on 100 test drives", but NEW. As in well under 50 miles on the odometer. This one had 24 claimed by the Florida dealer, and with the detailing/tinting driving around here at the dealer it was at 27 the first time I saw it, recorded as 30 at delivery. 2500 now :D. If there were going to be break-in miles driven on the car, then **I** wanted to drive them.

I do seem to remember that one advertised in CA. Between the 3700 miles, not having SMG, and that white leather, that one was not for me. I mean really...white leather? It's the first day of Summer, and here in Seattle the high temp today is 52F and it's been raining all day. That white leather would just attract arctic hares and polar bears to come sit in the car to cool off. And, tinting the windows is a little pointless if you also have a white interior, eh?

The stock rims and tires (which I still have) were just a bit too plain for my taste. I wanted something "official" (as in actually from BMW) that looked just a little out of the ordinary, and "a notch better". These look just distinctive enough that people say "there's something different about this one". These seem quite a bit lighter than the stock wheels, but they're also somewhat narrower (5mm both Front and Rear) and "shorter" (again, by 5mm). So supposedly they accelerate slightly faster, and as an added bonus, they make the speedometer even MORE incorrect! Gotta love that! But, it also means I have to be a bit more careful at high speeds in the corners, but remember, I have not broken a SINGLE speed law at ALL in this car...yes, officer, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!hiha

Thom

#8 ·
Options list (per FTB's request)

Can I just scan the sticker? Oh fine!.....

The BMW of Bellevue dealer printed out a "Vehicle Locator" from their inventory system, and it lists the following
----
A30 Interlagos Blue Metallic
X2SW Black Perforated Full Leather
322 Comfort Access keyless entry
323 Soft-close automatic doors
415 Power rear sunshade
416 Rear sunshades
453 Front ventilated seats
456 Multi-contour seats
464 Ski Bag
465 Split fold-down rear seat
496 Heated rear seats
4ME Madeira Walnut wood trim
4MF Active seat width adjustment
4UN Through-loading system
610 Head-up display
655 Satellite Radio w/1 year subscription
6FL iPod and USB adapter
752 Enhanced Premium Sound

----
The car is pretty much "loaded" as options go, with pretty much everything that was available. I'm pretty sure the only thing it doesn't have is the heated steering wheel. But, I like wearing grippy gloves in the winter, so I'm okay without that.

Sticker priced as $101K. Some discounts, and a bunch of warranties and taxes brought the total up to $120K. Sorry if that disappoints those of you who like to haggle; I'm not one.

Thom

#10 ·
The blue/black combination works very well and in my mind it's one of the best color combination for the M5. I think I saw other cars here with this combo and it looks great. Also, the perforated seats are quite rare in M5s compared to the normal ones. Thanks for the details. You seem to be among the only ones actually writing down the total price (with taxes and everything). Hope you enjoy the car to the fullest and if you're into it, keep it forever. I think little kids now should see what these kind of cars are all about (500hp, V10, 7 gears). Even if I'm young, I still get the appeal of the original M3 and this one is at the same level for me. I'd love to own one, hate to pay for it :).
Again, congratulations on the car and I hope you'll never have any sort of problems with it.

#13 ·
the offset on those rims could be more aggressive...you may want to consider some spacers
Yeah, I tend to agree with you that they would look "stronger" spaced a bit farther out. On the other hand, I also like that they're just a tiny bit understated tucked in like they are. Makes the car look less lethal, right up until they're far off in the distance and all that's left is the memory of a very loud engine, with just a hint of red-shift.

Those wheels are kinda like an alligator lounging on the front lawn...the kind where you wanna tell the noisy neighbor kids to go up and pet the cute widdle awwigator! Go ahead! I'm VERY sure it won't bite!

#14 ·
Congrats ! We have the exact mirror image of each other's cars -- RHD and LHD of MY2010 Interlagos Blue :cheers:

Now you just need to drive it the way it was meant to :M5rev:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Mid-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

#15 ·
!

#18 ·
Don't feel my wheels!

Not feeling the wheels, man
That's probably for the better; don't want you gettin' yo prints on my rims!

LOL...seriously, though: I didn't buy the car, didn't get the wheels, nor provide pictures here, to satisfy anyone's aesthetic interests but my own. This car is for ME. I paid my buck-*****-age to get what I wanted, period, end of story. I'm sure many here agree that these cars are our own expression of what we want in a car, and those desires have no founding nor root in what anyone else--here or other places--would get for themselves. Likewise, our strength of character lies in knowing what WE want, and being strong enough to not care the others think.

Your opinions may vary, but mine are my own, and mine are better for me than yours will ever be (for me). The reverse, for you, is true too.

Plus, it's just a car cherrsagai.

#19 ·
I serisously don't know why everyone is complaining about the wheels, although i usually prefer stock myself over anything aftermarket, these look a hell of a lot better than some of the aftermarket wheels you see some members here have on their cars. The wheels suit the car nicely, oh and you got the best colour combination too :cool2:

#20 ·
Beautiful Car!!! And I do like the rims...they look great with the interlagos. Intelagos is my favorite color on the 5. I just ordered what is going to be the Very Last M6 V10 ever produced as well and my wife and I are going to pick it up in Germany in August!! We are both very excited about that, so I get to know how you feel very soon :)

#21 ·
Congrats on the purchase! I really love the wheels. They are original and suit the car perfectly. And great pics as well, but some interior shots would also be much appreciated!!!!!! :applause:

Planning any further mods?

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

#24 ·
While not stock, the wheels are all BMW, right off the BMW Performance accessories Web site. I suppose someone could say they're aftermarket in the sense that they came "after", but they're definitely not bolt-together one-size-fits-all-tires rims. I like 'em.

#25 ·
Thanks, everyone.

AFCI: Interior pix: lighting, my friends, lighting. Gotta get the garage emptied and set up the studio strobes before those can get taken. Homey don't take no snapshots with the phone. Right now the only mod I have planned is to pour gasoline into it and make it growl!

Bosch Man: The wheels do not have spacers added, and I like the slightly "tucked inside" look. And yes, as I said before, the tires are 5mm narrower and 5 mm lower in profile than the stock tires.

#26 ·
Thanks, everyone.

AFCI: Interior pix: lighting, my friends, lighting. Gotta get the garage emptied and set up the studio strobes before those can get taken. Homey don't take no snapshots with the phone. Right now the only mod I have planned is to pour gasoline into it and make it growl!

Bosch Man: The wheels do not have spacers added, and I like the slightly "tucked inside" look. And yes, as I said before, the tires are 5mm narrower and 5 mm lower in profile than the stock tires.

Ok cool! Looking forward to the shots. Btw, I noticed that you are from Redmond, Washington. Have you heard of Exotics at Redmond Town Center? Its a gathering of many exotic cars which is held on most weekends. I've seen pictures from it and the collection is quite incredible.

Exotics@RTC | Weekly Exotic Car Event In Redmond, WA

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.