BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have one slightly dented OEM wheel in hyper silver finish. I bought a replacement (i.e. not dented) wheel, and I don't want to try to repair the dent in this one so I'm selling it. My tire tech guy thinks the dent can be hammered out, but no guarantees.

The wheel comes off my 95,000 mile E39 M5, so it shows signs of wear - scratches and curb rash, although as you can hopefully see from the pics it looks fine from ~10 ft away.

The dent happened when I drove over some unmarked road construction, and I noticed it because the tire lost some air. I inflated the tire to full pressure, and it didn't loose any air for 3 weeks, at which point I replaced it.

I have no idea what to ask for this wheel, but it's not really worth it to me to let it go for less than $100 + shipping. So that's what I'm asking, and I'm pretty firm on it. If you're local to northern NM then I'll probably go cheaper.

I haven't bought/sold on this forum, but I have done on harmony-central, rx7club, (same user name) and Ebay (LAracer138). I can dig up some references if you like. I can also provide hires pics.

Edit: not sure if its clear from the pics but the dent is on the back side of the wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm guessing the price is too high? Any opinions on whether this will sell? Maybe I'll just keep it as a spare?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
If you are willing to ship it to Ohio, I will give you $60 shipped. It won't be cheap to repair it, but I think I can get it done.....

Shipping will cost between $30-40, so you will make a little money, better than nothing, and better than throwing away a wheel that can be repaired.......

Let me know.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This wheel is still available.

A couple of people have pm'd me, but apparently I can't reply to them because my post count is too low. Please feel free to email me or communicate through this thread if you're interested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it turns out my right rear must also have been damage by the road construction because that tire slowly looses pressure too. I've ordered a replacement wheel, but the point is that now I have one FRONT and one REAR wheel in this condition. I'm guessing the rear will be off the car and ready to ship/pickup in about a week.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
So it turns out my right rear must also have been damage by the road construction because that tire slowly looses pressure too. I've ordered a replacement wheel, but the point is that now I have one FRONT and one REAR wheel in this condition. I'm guessing the rear will be off the car and ready to ship/pickup in about a week.
My offer before stands for the rear my friend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good. I'll make sure it's not in any worse shape than the one pictured (I can post pics when its off if you like). I'll let you know when it's ready to ship, and you can send paypal at that time.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Sounds good. You have my email. If you want, not that it is required, go head and send me some pics. You seem like a stand up guy, I trust ya brother. (famous last words, lol)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts