BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After one month of ownership of my M5, I've spent $524.22 on gas. Granted I have driven quite a bit in the car but wow! this is a bit crazy!!! I find myself at the pump every other day with a 65 mile daily commute. Also, I rarely hit the M button and most of it is highway driving. I'm averaging 14.6 miles per gallon. But when it's all said and done, I still have a smile on my face from ear to ear. Plus it's worth all the thumbs up, waves, and honks I get....I think.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow, that is insane. You may want to consider getting a diesel or hybrid car or something for your commute, then enjoying the beast on nights/weekends. Would save you alot of money in fuel, but I dont know if the empty space in my heart would be filled during work days... :(

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i don't know why people are complaining about their fuel bills...i've gotten 'shot at' by people here for complaining about the m5's lack of efficiency...basically it's 'who cares, drive it like you stole it and pay the bills'...

i think if we look ahead it's only going to get worse, not better, so the thinking around getting a 'commuter car' and reserving the m5 for occaisonal driving has merit imho. i bought an 06 jetta 2.0t for that purpose, and my e39 m5 is mostly a weekend car now. i wouldn't even consider an e60 mostly for it's lousy efficiency--bmw just had zero thought of efficiency when it was designed some years ago.

·
Registered
138 Posts
COT DAMN $524!! The most I've ever spent was about $340 when I 1st got my car too, I drove to work like everyday even though I worked right at Midtown then (37th & 7 ave). Not to even add the $25 a day for parking, ahhw the things we do for our cars.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I tell you that with every mile I put on my M5 its done with a smile. When I close that door and push that switch all the worries disappear. Just enjoy the ride. I don't know of to many V10 engines with seating for 5 to have great fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
You knew the milege before you bought the car.....I only drive mine 6k per year....

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
After one month of ownership of my M5, I've spent $524.22 on gas. Granted I have driven quite a bit in the car but wow! this is a bit crazy!!! I find myself at the pump every other day with a 65 mile daily commute. Also, I rarely hit the M button and most of it is highway driving. I'm averaging 14.6 miles per gallon. But when it's all said and done, I still have a smile on my face from ear to ear. Plus it's worth all the thumbs up, waves, and honks I get....I think.
This opens up avenues for me in consideration for upgrading to the E60 M5. I also have a 1984 325e that is my daily now and thus my fuel consumption will not be "as bad". I am also considering the new GTR thus I need to look at the full spectrum of costs and such....anyhow i am rambling, your gas quote really helps me out thanks!:thumbsup::cheers::M5launch:

·
Registered
915 Posts
thats it?
i spend about 100 a week. sometimes more. 9mpg ftw.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
After one month of ownership of my M5, I've spent $524.22 on gas. .
Just an average month here, in fact I think I'd be happy with that...

At least you'll be on first name terms with the staff at your local station.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
thats it?
i spend about 100 a week. sometimes more. 9mpg ftw.
ya gas really sucks for mileage compared to our m3's.... :grrrr:

m3 full tank was about 300-310 miles...

my m5 full tank is like 220-230 maybe.....

oh well, thats the cost of owning this beast

·
Registered
218 Posts
ya your lucky u get 14.6 mpg, im getting 9 lol

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If you think your getting US 14.6mpg check your units, you may find your car is showing imperial and not US Gallons.

·
Registered
240 Posts
8.4 mpg here, but then again I drive it like i stole it 95% of the time. I'm amazed I actually get that. I mean I only wore out my tires in 4k miles!:hihi:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I spend about the same $$$ per month with a little less mileage and get 11.4 miles/gallon and I roll P500 on the streets & hit M-Mode every time I hit the freeway:M5launch:....I say enjoy that Beast to the fullest!! It wont cost that much more if at all to M-Mode it and if you don't you're missing some of the best parts of ownership!!! :wroom:

Reactions: TransprterHell

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think it's funny how we mention poor gas mileage and in the same breath talk about upgrading a $95,000+ M/// car with mods that make the mileage worse in most cases. I refill when I get below half and tank and mentally the money doesn't bother me so much. It's like my wife buying something on sale and saying it was too good to pass up. It's all in the mindset!:hihi:

Reactions: TransprterHell

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think it's funny how we mention poor gas mileage and in the same breath talk about upgrading a $95,000+ M/// car with mods that make the mileage worse in most cases. I refill when I get below half and tank

You must really be on first name terms with your local garage.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Barely do 10,000miles per year so topoffs are maybe once a week..........and the gas station owners name is Sanji....:cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts