BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The funny thing about little badges, stripes, and other little indications regarding what a car is (or more commonly isn't) is that the cognezenti who actually know what an e60 M5 is, know what they are seeing without ANY badges or stripes...Funny how you can tool through town in a 500HP 200MPH machine and get nary a glance, (especially from LE) really sort of the beauty of the car...It doesnt really look the part.

OP Its a nice installation and if it makes you happy that's really all that matters, I am going the other direction; de badging the rear and trying to figure out if i can do the same to the side gills...Q Ship.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Small and tasteful. I'm on the fence about badging on these cars. On one hand, it's a freaking M5 and you should be proud to own it. On the other hand, along with Tortuga's comments, does an extra badge really do anything more than gloat and brag of what the car is? When in reality the car itself doesn't need any help being amazing.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not doing it to identify the car, I just like the way this small badge looks on the grille. This is how is going to look once it's on the car:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I like it. Did you remove the badge and mounting from a F10 M5 grill?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I like it. Did you remove the badge and mounting from a F10 M5 grill?
No, I fabricated the mount with aluminum and stainless steel screws. And then attached the oem badge to my mount. This is just a little way to make my car unique since I have the most common color on a e60 m5.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I like it. It is small enough that is tasteful without being gaudy. Be sure to take pictures of your mounting solution and maybe include the parts list and instructions for 'Badges' aka UF ER DR as she might like to add this to hers. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice little mod, and as others have mentioned, it is quite small and unobtrusive. Great job on the badge choice and mounting. You're right, in that this little mod. really does make your car stand out amongst the other (and very awesome I might add) sapphire black metallic M5s.

I do agree with most of what Tortuga states, that in so many words, the M5 is a sleeper, and I love it! The only thing I disagree with is de-badging any M car. I always love to pull up behind another M vehicle and see that wonderful badge. Plus, if I have a passenger with me who is unfamiliar with the M provenance, I have an immediate conversation starter. My two cents on that.

Take care, and thanks for sharing the very cool mod. and pics.

Best,

Reactions: PRM5

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
normally I'm one to not like extra badges.... but this actually looks pretty good. In some ways an homage to the original e28.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I like it... And I don't like badges... My girl is naked...Good job.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Maybe start selling sets to fellow board members?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts