BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some young chap foud out the « Unhappy combination » of first rain after weeks of dry + M mode on a twisty close by. Quite sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,258 Posts
Any details?

Someone spent money on monoballs and a StopTech BBK. Hope everyone is OK.

Reactions: RichWVU

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
728 Posts
Part out... lol

·
Registered
908 Posts
Good to hear he’s ok.

Why are so many of these cars missing the front center jack pad on the subframe? Or is it that BMW quit putting these on at some point to save a few bucks?

Also odd that the close out panel that covers the bottom of the engine and secures the wheel liners is missing. Seems the car was pretty well taken care of otherwise.

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,258 Posts
close out panel
It probably popped off on impact. And yes, it seems like the car was taken care of otherwise. Even the wear from the tires look good -- stock suspension geometry, is my guess.

Funny, I'm missing the center jack pad on mine too...and I've had the replacement for years.

Hate to see the shiny side down and the rubber side up.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yeah l figured if it’s a Swiss car, it’s going to be well looked after.

I only have the center jacking pad on 1 of the 4 cars I’ve had. I even searched on this board before if this was some mod that a lot of the cool people did early on, I mean it does lighten the front end...

·
Registered
388 Posts
That sux, lots of nice parts on it.

How did it happen, I know it couldn't have been speeding in der Schweitz, they don't do that!

I'm calling dibs on the brake kit and the monoballs!

·
Registered
908 Posts
It’s those damn speeding cameras. I have several souvenirs in the mail. Some of them look like a remote machine gun battery. I hear those things are actually made with ballistic grade armor, because everyone has to requalify for their 300m marksmanship.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Maybe Marc can tell us more about the cameras and the countermeasures, I hear people try to blow them up.

·
Registered
715 Posts
It probably popped off on impact. And yes, it seems like the car was taken care of otherwise. Even the wear from the tires look good -- stock suspension geometry, is my guess.

Funny, I'm missing the center jack pad on mine too...and I've had the replacement for years.

Hate to see the shiny side down and the rubber side up.
My center jack pad was missing as well and I just added a new one months ago..

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe Marc can tell us more about the cameras and the countermeasures, I hear people try to blow them up.
Actually there are different kinds but on that specific road there is very often a mobile trap.
Generally speaking : don’t speed in Switzerland, there are fix, mobile, car embarked traps. There us a « new law since 1.1.18 called via secura which cracks down quite effectively on reckless drivers. Fines get % of income with ip to 4 years jail time.
I’ve never heard of people ramming boxes, the Swiss are for the most part respectful people.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah l figured if it’s a Swiss car, it’s going to be well looked after.
Paper says it’s a french driver / car

·
Registered
908 Posts
The one that sticks in my mind is one that is pyramid shaped and has the prismatic glass that I’ve often seen in ballistic grade glass. it’s a good shape because if you ram it or shoot at it, the energy is deflected away at an angle.

This happened in Winterhur, but he was Italian. 150k for these cameras!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The one that sticks in my mind is one that is pyramid shaped and has the prismatic glass that I’ve often seen in ballistic grade glass. it’s a good shape because if you ram it or shoot at it, the energy is deflected away at an angle.

This happened in Winterhur, but he was Italian. 150k for these cameras!

I missed that one (oh biy, he’in deep ! : by the way, I wouldn’t be surprised that the traps might or will have mobile data transmission.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts