BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
Im ready to kill myself over this rear tire issue with my car. I originally wanted to get replacement tires for my new upcoming rims by matching the rear tire size by getting 285/30/19, which is what I currently have, original Pilot Sport tires. I have ZERO issues with this size tire as a rear tire. I DO NOT wish to deviate from the Michelin name brand and I tried desperately to find & get the Michelin Pilot Sport (1 or 2) tires for the rear of my car. NO LUCK AT ALL!!! Tire Rack does however have the PS2 in the 295/30/19 size. So my question is will this work? can I get away with this size tire??? I've determined that the 295 size tire is larger by 1/2 inch, extending 1/4 inch outward on "both" sides of the tire, beyond the 285 tire size. The 295 tire is also slightly taller than the 285 tire size. The 295 size tire is taller by 3/8 of an inch. I don't think this aspect is the big issue but rather the 1/4 inch width increase on the left and right sides of the tire. Is there enough clearance for me to add an extra 1/4 inch to the left and right sides of a 285 sized tire, currently on my car? It doesn't seem much but I can be wrong with this thought!
Thank you for your replies and advise.
Robert hmmm

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
whats the suspention setup and wheel width...at worst if it fits the wheel you'd have to roll the fender.

Have you considered the 275 if that fits the wheel as well?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Jayson my man.........

Very good question, sorry i forgot to mention the suspension. Yes, the suspension has changed, and it's the Dinan stage 2 suspension with the JRZ socks/struts. The overall car's height has dropped by approx. 3/4 of an inch.
The rim size is as follows, rear rims are 10 inch wide and the front rims are 9 inch wide. Fronts will have 265 size rubber on them.
Your thoughts please........... :crying2:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts