BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I wanted to say thanks to Tom, David, and the rest of the gang at EAS today. My girlfriend and I went and dyno'd our M5 today just for sh!ts and giggles (and to hear the car revved out) and were pleasantly surprised with the numbers the car put down. After 3 runs the car did a best of 441.28rwhp and 333.06tq. I need to go through the forum and compare this with others' numbers, but I think these are pretty solid for not having too many mods.

Our mods are:
RPI Scoops/Block-Off Plates
BMC Filters
Radenergie S1 and S2
Eisenmann Race S3

The car came in off the freeway and straight on to the dyno, no real cooldown other than the time it took to strap down and get everything connected. The best run was the final one and we did let it cool down a bit after run #2. The two other runs were 438/333 and 436/330 with the final being the best. The car sounded like a beast and set off a few car alarms to boot. I'm happy with these numbers for sure, though headers and an Evolve tune might be in the foreseeable future for a little extra "oomph!" I'll disclaim that the dyno the car ran on is a DynoJet, which as most know is apt to produce slightly higher numbers than a loaded dyno, but I don't mind. Thanks again EAS for a fun afternoon!

A video of the final run.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Did they do the Dyno pull in 5th gear? You will make more power in 5th as its closer to 1 to 1. looks like a great number and thanks for posting.. I just Dyno'd mine last week.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Those are amazing numbers compared to a previous thread started about a Dinan s3 putting down 500. Hats off!

Reactions: KrisHorton

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind replies guys. I'm very pleased with the numbers and the way the car sounds and performs right now. Like I said in my first post, there might be a few mods on the horizon but we'll see.

5.7 Silver Bullet - I believe the pull was done in 5th, but I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to count the gear changes in the video lol.

·
Registered
561 Posts
nice...i gotta stop by and do a test run soon

·
Registered
559 Posts
good hp numbers

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good numbers, thanks for sharing Kris!