BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today an old man crashed into my M6 while I was underway to the Nordscheife.
My fury is boundless and I want a new M6. Here are some pics. Enjoy! :crying2: :crying:grrrrrrr :sad1:

Attachments

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
That is just unbeleivable and unfair :( Too bad the the damages are underneath as well...

If you look over the reparations very carefully and see that everything is exchanged you might be able to take it back after a repair. Loks like it is only the rear lower bumber / skirt / diffuser they have to change as far as the exteriour is concerned.

·
Registered
904 Posts
"My fury is boundless and I want a new M6. Here are some pics. Enjoy!"

There is absolutely no joy seeing these pictures. Looks like the Merc took the worst of the damage with is usually the case in these types of collisions.

The part that sucks the most is this; the insurance company will pay to fix you car but there will be no compensation for any value hit you might take because the car was involved in an accident. Even though the damage is relatively minor, when someone asks if it was it was ever in an accident, or has there been any paint work, etc. you now have to answer yes. Document the damage and repairs as this might help during resale, if you go that route.

I hope I didn't make you feel worse. I feel your fury and I wish you the best with this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nooo! Why M6?! Arrgh, few on road and already damaged, by merc driver (was he jealous or what, wanted to look closer) :crying:

Now we have something in common, I also want new M6 :wroom:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry about the accident, hope that you are allright. How did it happen? Was it the end of a traffic jam or was the guy just a sleep behind you?

It's quite astonishing to see that your M6 is - from the bodywork - hardly damaged.

Quite a similar thing happened to me in Jan 2004, at the end of a traffic jam some idiot thought he wants to test how strong his car is, well he lost...

Obviously the impact wasn't even close to yours but it is incredible how safe BMW's are.

What are you going to do now, do you have to/will keep the car?

How did the accident happen?

Regards.

·
Registered
829 Posts
@Autobahnraser: Well atleast you're allright, too bad I can't say the same for your car. Those mercs (C-Class ?) are designed to crumble like a cookie when hit in the front. Looks like that the reason why the merc absorbed all the energy and your M6 was left with minor superficial damage. I almost said too bad because if it was any other car I'm sure it would've totalled your rearend and you would've gotten a new car.

Plus the front and rear bumpers on the 5, 6 and 7 series are designed in such a way that they will absord alot of the hit. BMW sais that the front and rear bumper are regenerative upto hits of 15km/h. Nice to know your car won't take any mayor damage when you accidently hit a pole in the parking lot or something.

Still I feel your pain. I once crashed a brand new Honda Fireblade, only had 200km on the counter. Eventhough later on I found out that it wasn't my fault but a mechanical failure with the bike, it still hurt alot, in there.

I can also understand why you would want a new car. Eventhough they can fix the car to a just as new point, it will never feel the same again.

@Hendrik: Opel... sighs. I'm suprised it's not a GSI.

·
Registered
675 Posts
god that sucks,cannot not be many things more annoying.

Hope you get it sorted out quickly.

·
Registered
853 Posts
frylord said:
@Autobahnraser: Well atleast you're allright, too bad I can't say the same for your car. Those mercs (C-Class ?) are designed to crumble like a cookie when hit in the front. Looks like that the reason why the merc absorbed all the energy and your M6 was left with minor superficial damage. I almost said too bad because if it was any other car I'm sure it would've totalled your rearend and you would've gotten a new car.

Plus the front and rear bumpers on the 5, 6 and 7 series are designed in such a way that they will absord alot of the hit. BMW sais that the front and rear bumper are regenerative upto hits of 15km/h. Nice to know your car won't take any mayor damage when you accidently hit a pole in the parking lot or something.

Still I feel your pain. I once crashed a brand new Honda Fireblade, only had 200km on the counter. Eventhough later on I found out that it wasn't my fault but a mechanical failure with the bike, it still hurt alot, in there.

I can also understand why you would want a new car. Eventhough they can fix the car to a just as new point, it will never feel the same again.

@Hendrik: Opel... sighs. I'm suprised it's not a GSI.

Looks like your M6 didn't suffer too badly. That Merc is gone i'm sure. BTW I think that's the gigantic S-Class. Looks way too big to be a C.

Millie

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Although it doesn't look too bad on the surface, I think the damage to the M6 is more substantail than you would think. I assume the floor of your trunk isn't straight anymore?
What a terrible thing to happen to such a lovely, new car :crying:

Frank.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Am sorry to for you but its not that bad .. its just a minor from what i see..
The CF bumper reinforcement are in front or also at the back ?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Seems criminal. There ought to be a special punishment for anyone crunching another man's new M6.

As bad as anything else, the waiting starts all over again (another car or for repairs). Obviously, you have everyone's sympathy.

And I suppose the old man has no idea how special of a car he crashed into. His ignorance is not your bliss.

Its one thing to damage your toys yourself, but to have some clueless old f**k do it...as you say, boundless fury.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Accidents happen - the main thing is you were not seriously injured.

It's reassuring to see how safe & well built BMWs remain.

All the best.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I am very,very sorry to hear about the accident. I know how infuriating it can be and have the experience myself. Was in very heavy slow traffic on a hill when the truck in front of me missed a gear and rolled back over the front of my M5 ripping the hell out of it. I had somebody on my tail and beside me.nowhere to go. The old man in the truck had no insurance and no money, so I ended up eating the cost.
The car did come back as good as new, so I have no doubt your car can be made absolutely perfect. It is still very upsetting.
Ronan

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Sorry to hear of your accident but glad that no one is hurt. Ashok is right, this situation proves what safe cars BMW's really are. Hope everything works out and you car is returned to pristine condition soon.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Ashok and the others are right (as usual). I am glad no one was hurt and its only egos that are bruised. To my untrained eye, the damage looks fairly easy to repair- some exhaust tips, maybe mufflers and maybe the fuel tank or battery holder should be checked. But it does not look like your suspension was damaged nor the diff. I would want to see if the bumper structure behind the bumper cover was moved. I know its frustrating but the car did its job and you are alive and well- to be frustrated! ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts