BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new rear PS2's for the M5 (I swear, they ran out at 9000 miles of useage because I drive the car slowly and with caution :eek: )

Decided tonight that maybe I should do what I haven't done with the M5 since the summer time - go on a late night spirited drive, at some really high speeds.

So, I did just that :) This car is seriously just a monster. I think I have started to love it all over again. First, I got on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. I got to 100mph in no freaking time at all. But come on, it was 2:30 in the morning, do you think I was going to stop at 100? After the Turnpike, I took it on some country roads. The Michelins performed amazingly. I loved taking this car around bends. Should 4000lbs really be allowed to do the things this does?

LOL, I feel like this was the first time I have ever driven this car. I have driven the car a lot lately...Last night I drove the car, but I had a lady friend ;) in the car, so I didn't wanna be crazy. But anyways, I guess sometimes you really just have to flex the Beast's muscles to remind you of how good you have it...

I also bought new Goodyears for my feet. I bought the Adidas Tuscany GT driving shoes a lot of you are probably familiar with. I am just amazed at how much better it feels to drive the M5 with these shoes. My shifts were beautiful, it felt like I was doing 0-60 in 3 seconds flat. The only problem with these shoes is that I keep wondering if I'm hurting the clutch. I feel like I'm shifting just way too fast for my own good. Maybe my skills are improving? Maybe the shoes REALLY DO help that much?

But I do have some bad news concerning my little tear of the suburbs of Pittsburgh tonight. As I'm getting onto my street I see a "Check Brake Linings" message.

Anyways, I guess I just wanted to remind you all how lucky you (and I) are to have such an all around amazing machine. Can't wait to see the E60 M5. But crap, you can't engage the clutch and slam it into 2nd gear around a tight turn :(

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
With SMG you can change gears as you brake/go around corners :wroom:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ashok Arora said:
For sure, but it feels so good to use every limb to drive a monster such as these.

With that being said, I'll probably still get the new M5 or M6. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,776 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Can't you do it with the E39 using heel and toe technique? :cheers:
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts