BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so if the E60 M5 has 500(+?)bhp and weighs in at less than the e39 and has some nifty gadgetry (m diff for example) what do you think it will do..will it be porsche 996 tt speed or will it be beyond..

0-60 4.3-4.6
0-100 low 9's maybe 8
Top speed..155 though hopefully it could come de restricted and hit 205 if the aero dynamics are good etc..

what does everyone think?

all the best
Adam

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Hmmm ok lets see here...

0-60 very much possible 4.6 or as low as 4.5
0-100 9 seconds
1/4 mile 12.5 seconds
top speed 155 limited and 198 without limiter (optional)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I will say that this is what I would like, not necessarily what I believe BMW will come out with.

- V10 Engine
- 500 HP/500 lb-ft. Torque
- 0-60 mph in 4.2 s
- 0-100 mph in 9 s
- 1/4 mile in 12.0 s
- 60-0 mph in 115 ft
- 155 mph limited / 205 mph Top Speed
- 1 g of lateral grip
- Slalom at 70 mph

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would really be dissapointed if:

1- It is anything less than the SL 55 AMG, in terms of power
2- It does not come in 6-speed
3- It looks anything like the new 7 series.

Other than that, I would definitely want it, ofcourse gettign it depends on the finances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it is bmw m's pride at stake and that they arent going to beaten by the new e55/sl 55..dont worry :)

all the best
Adam

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indeed we will just have to wait and see..not too long i hope :)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
477 Posts
Prometheus NY said:
- V10 Engine
- 500 HP/500 lb-ft. Torque

[/B]
sounds like the new viper engine, i think bmw is capable of a better engine then dodge, i mean come on... although i really like the new viper, i saw a gtsR at an autshow the otherday, pretty good looking, if you want more show then go ofcouse...

·
Registered
557 Posts
WHEW! I thought you were all going to tell me I was dreaming! Yes, it does sound like the new Viper engine, but I definitely think BMW horsepower counts produces more thrust than Dodge horsepower.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It may produce the same out put but in different ways..isnt the viper engine 8 litres?

all the best
Adam

·
Registered
477 Posts
yeah i think its 8 liters, the viper engine is huge, atleast the old one was, the hood on that car was half the length of my car

·
Registered
557 Posts
The new Viper will also have an 8.0 L engine. I saw it at the car show in NYC a couple of weeks ago. Very large, and of course very impressive. Actually I like it better in the Dodge Ram application with the 24" rims.

What I meant about BMW horsepower being more than the equal amount of power in another car is the following. I chose a Dodge in the same class as the 3 Series, or maybe the 5.

For instance, the new Dodge Intrepid R/T, which is the top of the line Intrepid, supposedly does 0-60 in under 7 seconds. I looked up the stats on this car. It weighs 3526 lbs and is powered by a 3.5 L V6 which produces 244 HP and 250 lb-ft of torque.

For comparison, the 330i, with 225 HP and 214 lb-ft of torque, does 0-60 in 6.1 s and weighs 3362 lbs. The 325i has 184 HP and 175 lb-ft of torque and does 0-60 in just under 7 seconds.

Now, the Dodge is 200 lbs heavier, but somehow, with 250 lb-ft of torque and 244 HP, it accelerates at the same rate as the BMW which has far less HP and even less torque. Somehow that doesn't add up, even with the weight difference. That's just one comparison but that is what led me to say that BMW HP counts for more than "regular" HP.

·
Registered
477 Posts
there could be a lot of factors that affect that though, like are the dodges automatics, whats the weight distribution and the intrepid is front wheel drive... no?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts