·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I just ordered all the parts in the toolkit

Item C ---> Pin # 71-11-1-093-774 $4.50

Item E ---> LugWrench # 71-12-1-179-953 $7.81

Item H ---> Spark Plug Tool # 71-11-1-181-460 $14.52

Then the small round Socket between E, F1 and H is called a wrench and I haven't figured out what it's for...lol but the part number is:

Item ? ---> Wrench # 71-11-1-181-418 $7.62

The Warning triangle has been discontinued and it is hard to find, but I have one coming from another member

kinggf

call Pacific BMW at 800-909-PART or local dealer

Reactions: Icetera and zed.inc

·
Registered
214 Posts
Awesome!! I always wondered what the hell "G" was for. I got my warning triangle off of Ebay for something like $20 bucks. Even though it is not US spec. I still like having it.

Ocean's M5 said:
Ok I just ordered all the parts in the toolkit

Item C ---> Pin # 71-11-1-093-774 $4.50

Item E ---> LugWrench # 71-12-1-179-953 $7.81

Item H ---> Spark Plug Tool # 71-11-1-181-460 $14.52

Then the small round Socket between E, F1 and H is called a wrench and I haven't figured out what it's for...lol but the part number is:

Item ? ---> Wrench # 71-11-1-181-418 $7.62

The Warning triangle has been discontinued and it is hard to find, but I have one coming from another memeber

kinggf

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Great post - thanks :thumbsup:

If I recall correctly, Daniel (Beastpower) sells a "fix-it" kit that gives you all the bits that are usually missing:

·
Registered
86 Posts
You are a mind reader, I was going to go to the dealer and get some replacement tools, good thing I stopped by the board first!

·
10,457 Posts
very nice sam, i'm printing this one out!
Mike

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have two flares in place of the warning triangle.
I also have a plug kit (t-handle file, t-handle plunger and plugs). I'll patch the tire on the side of the road before I put that goo into the wheel.

Oh, and my guess for G is the manual tool for closing the sunroof

·
Registered
947 Posts
the board is a great place because of posts like this kinggf

thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I don't carry any tools in the M5, but I do need to order a screwdriver for my 330xi - thanks Sam!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks so much as well, awesome post! I am missing about 50% of the stuff in there, and had no clue where to look for new parts!

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
The only additional tool that I have is the warning triangle! But thank you for the information, SAM! If you don't mind me asking, how much did all the extra parts cost you from Pacific BMW? A breakdown in pricing would be nice...

·
10,457 Posts
atomic80 said:
The only additional tool that I have is the warning triangle! But thank you for the information, SAM! If you don't mind me asking, how much did all the extra parts cost you from Pacific BMW? A breakdown in pricing would be nice...
I think the prices are posted up there with the part numbers (they blend in at the end of the pn!).
Mike

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
mottati said:
I think the prices are posted up there with the part numbers (they blend in at the end of the pn!).
Mike
Ooops.....I didn't see that! Thanks for pointing that out, Mike.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I actually ordered the Triangle from another member here however, this person emailed me back and ma be able to acquire the Warning Triangle. I can not affirm his ability but here's the info:

"Sam,

If you want you can email me w/ the last seven digits of your VIN#. There is a production date ? on the triangle. I can give you a price quote of you give me this info.
Thanks

Al Gault BMW 800-777-5508"
By the way did anyone find out what the small socket located in between E F1 & H is for?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reviving an old Thread in Case anyone was board and wanted to stand back with trunk open and tool kit open, and admire all of those fancy BMW tools...
hiha:1:hiha:1:hiha:1:hiha

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've got every piece in that tool kit already...then again, my car was originally a pre-production '01.

For those that wish for the warning triangle, a little tip. Use a rubber band around the entire triangle, before installing it. It will eliminate the rattle of the triangle "legs" against itself.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
If you really want the warning triangle instead of packing flares in there, you might be able to get one for $50 at LeatherZ. The website says they are currently sold out, and it's not clear to me this one would fit our trunk lid kits, however.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts