BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I definitely respect the WS6. It is a very fast car, but the numbers below, saying an LS1 with cams and headwork pulling 490hp at the crank is a little much. The corvette by Specter Werkes/Sports inc. had a bump in displacement from 346ci-382ci, new pistons, rods, ported and polished heads, katech camshaft, and free-flowing exhaust and it put out 465bhp and 473lb/ft torque. Funny but it only turned a 13.0 @110mph with 345 tires on the back. Malletts 435 a 26CI increase, new crankshaft, connecting rods, high compression Wiseco pistons, ported heads, new valve springs, push rods, carbon fibre cat-back exhaust. The engine put out 435hp/450lb/ft torque, 1/4 mile 12.4 @116mph.

Now lets look at the M5. 13.2 @107-108 mph bone stock. The mods on the WS6 would put the car 1 length ahead, and a poor M5 driver could put the car another two car lengths back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hans, checkout This site http://www.morganmotorsports.com/

You will see on the front page 413 RWHP with stage II heads and cam, and some bolt on's.

490 cranks HP is about 416 at the wheels, I was a bit off but only by a few horses. He even has a dyno sheet you can look at.

There are a few people on www.ls1.com that have over 420 RWHP with different heads and cam setups. So it can be done and these cars will run high 11 second 1/4 mile times @117 - 120 MPH.

This is all done with the stock lower end. So, I don't think 490 crank HP is a bit much. I don't post anything I haven't verified myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you haven't been over to the LS1 board you should go and check out the updated post. There are over 90 replies now and they are still debating it!!!!!

gtpkid
97 white GTP
-trading it in for a M5

21 - 23 of 23 Posts