BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for Monday. Are there any mods that are "easier" to do when the clutch is being replaced? I though I remembered something about a front sway bar anything else?

Hopefully this will be covered under the CPO but we'll see, I know my wife smoked the clutch once but other than that it should not be abused in anyway. :M5launch:

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
DrewT said:
for Monday. Are there any mods that are "easier" to do when the clutch is being replaced? I though I remembered something about a front sway bar anything else?

Hopefully this will be covered under the CPO but we'll see, I know my wife smoked the clutch once but other than that it should not be abused in anyway. :M5launch:
They should also do the rear main seal while it is out. When they don't, typically a leak develops shortly thereafter. No extra labor and the part is negligible in cost. Should be a warranty item, but if not, pay for the seal. Well worth it IMHO.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not that thrilled about a ssk, had one in my s4 and it was ok. I like the easy shifting of the m5 and it is totally wife friendly.

Are the UUC's smooth, I'll do some reading on them, the Dinan Kit looked cheap, hmmmmm search here I come.

·
Registered
332 Posts
hate to say it, but clutches are not covered under CPO warranty normally, because they are a wear and tear item.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If you're still under the maintenance agreement, then you'll get one. If not, it's all up to your dealer. I've been to two dealers and both said no because my maintenance is up. Clutch is a wearable item so not covered under the CPO warranty....so I was told.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeap still have the mainenance agreement in place until Sept 15th. I am planning on purchasing another 2 years. I have a feeling that I will have to negotiate that since I am buying the plan they will replace the clutch.

Has there been a conclusion about what exactly the Dinan SSK is.

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
boostmiser said:
If you're still under the maintenance agreement, then you'll get one. If not, it's all up to your dealer. I've been to two dealers and both said no because my maintenance is up. Clutch is a wearable item so not covered under the CPO warranty....so I was told.
Generally, I believe that is correct. However, some dealers will do a warranty fix if the SAC is broken. Of course you don't know that until they take it apart, and some dealers will not cover it if it turns out to be bluing on the disk or something else that looks like driver abuse. They will claim abuse even though it is not necessarily so.
From list observations, it seems most dealers will do one clutch per car, and then you are pretty much on your own.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
dmz said:
When I did my clutch I brought the UUC SSK for them to install. No additional labor charge since they already had everything apart :D
I am impressed! It is rare to find one that will even install a non-bmw/non-dinan part, especially during a warranty repair. Or was your clutch replaced on your nickel?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Ah.. that makes a bit more sense. When mine was replaced under warranty, I was able to twist them enough that they put in an aftermarket clutch, but they made sure to inform me that after that, all bets were off on the clutch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts