BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked with the Service Mgr at Ft Lauderdale about the 36000/36mo full service
plan on the M5.

Everything except tires is covered. That includes brake pads, clutch disc, wiper blades. Earlier, a post about the clutch indicated that the clutch is a wear item and therefore not covered. Not true. He did say premature wear, caused by abuse as evidenced by hot spots on the flywheel and maybe high rpm readings on diagnositcs, could void this full maintance service agreement as to the clutch.

Finally, you can extend this full service agreement for about $400.00(his words not mine) to 48 months or 48000 miles. That would more than cover the cost of brakes on one axle alone.

I though I would pass this along for those of you using the M5 as a daily driver.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by lear:
Any idea how far back those diagnostics go? Just curious...
I don't know lear but I'd like to. I'm afraid to ask they may say watch this Jim he may try to pull a fast one.

Another question: Can the memory be dumped?

Big brother is watching.......

By the way thanks for the Mother's Mag and Aluminum cleaner. It works great on those pipes, they look better than new.

[This message has been edited by Jim Dolan (edited 25 October 2000).]

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
jim,
thank you for the info. I would most definately bump up to the 48month service. Who should i inquire about this with, sales, service? Nobody at my dealership seams to know squat about anything. Plus are you going to extend it? If so can you tell me how it goes, as in when you do it, what they made you sign, do.
thanks
fas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts