BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my 2006 E60 for 6 months and have done about 2900 miles in it, including a 900 mile round trip to Glasgow for a night out [great drive and top night out before you all ask......]

Anyways, When I bought the car it had just been given an oil service and the Oil Level Indicator was showing 0.9l. During this past 6 months the reading of 0.9l has not changed.

I thought these engines had a rep for burning oil, but seemingly mine doesn't...............what does everybody think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
if youve already tried re-setting and nothing has changed. its more or less a sensor. had mine in b/c it was reading low oil after a quart fill-up i would reset wait/ drive nothing, brought it into dealer-replaced sensor, oil readings are now norm.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Had the same exact problem with the same exact reading (0.9L before and after an oil change). Took it in to the dealer, they updated the software and verified the sensor was functioning properly, now the level fluctuates as expected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.