·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.vibrationmounts.com/rfq/VM110114.htm

Part #

V12Z02MMM201016

$1.38 each...

Posted this elsewhere but buried deep in the thread...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Is this an upgrade over OEM or just a good price you found online??

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a cheap alternative (about 1/20th) what South Bay BMW quoted me here in LA LA land (like forty something each!!!) Highway robbery...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just changed these out today

Thanks Tortuga for the part number. I had tried a different version of this a few months back, but ordered ones that were too stiff so they actually transmitted a fair amount of vibration, esp from the oil filter housing.

Anyway, here is a picture of what the old power steering resevoir mounts looked like. Seems like the rubber they used just cannot stand up to the heat in the engine bay. At a buck or so each, can replace these every year if need be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I had a very similar part under the air filter mount on my old diesel benz and I learned to add a drop of blue thread locker on the mount threads, the same vibration that makes the noise loosens the mounts too. Drove me crazy and went through several mounts until I had that moment of clarity.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Great find, thanks! Just ordered 4 of them, figured might as well do the power steering ones also.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also just hand tighten my filer now...Tight as I can but still just my hand...

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
this is also an option..some washers and nuts from Ace Hardware all for under $4 - tight as ever and no vibration kinggf

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
That seems like a good solution but there is the problem that me and some other board members are running into. I put very sturdy 30mm bolts, washers, and rubber gaskets and am getting a bad vibration problem that is very audible in the car. I'm not sure why some get it and some don't?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Good find, thanks! What is the shipping cost on these?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Quick update - 2 months still fine

I pulled the oil filter housing off and these mounts appear to be holding up just fine - no compression or cracking so far. As the OP noted, the bolt thru method OR an aftermarket mount that is too stiff, will transmit noise/vibration, esp from the oil filter housing. I don't think that means the bolt method won't work, but you may notice noise. These mounts seem to have enough flex that any noise/vibration isn't coming thru but also aren't falling apart (at least after a couple months). At < $8 for 4 of them certainly worth a shot.

·
Registered
142 Posts
is this a bmw part # if not where did you guys order them from

1 - 20 of 48 Posts