BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found out today, my power steering pump needs replacing (although I have some issues with steering when cold and squealing from belts) so it was expected
However, worse still I found a bit of oil on floor the day before it was due to go in for service I now have an oil cooler leak.
Anyway my question is, is the same pump and oil cooler used for right hand drive cars and left hand drive cars?
I want to buy the parts from USA as they charge an absolute fortune here eg quoted $1,500AUD for new pump (part only), when on line delivered I can get it from US for just over half the price

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,263 Posts
Have you checked realoem.com to reference the part numbers for the power steering pumps? I would start at realoem.

Reactions: randywei

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the cheapest for oil cooler here online 08 2008 BMW M5 Oil Cooler - Engine Mechanical - Behr - PartsGeek

Double check to make sure they use the same oil cooler but I am pretty sure they do.
Great Thanks for that
I did check Realoem.
I tried my vin number and got the part number pump 32412282951 & oil cooler 172222824499
I then tried a USA LHD options for M5 and got the same part number.
So can i assume from that they use the same part (its not handed)
I imagine they would have different part numbers if the part was specific to LHD and RHD cars due to the handing of them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Smokin' deal on the cooler. I replaced mine last year as well due to leaking. Easy DIY job. Be very careful not to bump the front spoiler onto curbs or parking lot barriers. That's what stresses the hard line on the cooler and causes it to start leaking...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts