Registered
2,466 Posts
Blackstone
Aug '18 Apr '19 Unv.Av.
Cu - 27 - 14 - 6
Pb - 19 - 9 - 4
Fe - 11 - 8 - 13
Al - 5 - 4 - 5
Wow. Those ARE big numbers. Both my copper and lead have never exceeded 2, with lead usually at 0, making my unit average equal 1. My iron and aluminum are pretty close to yours, so the theory of my results being diluted might not be totally accurate. I can't see some values being similar while others are not and blaming it on the dilution with fresh oil.

Similar mileage on both of those samples? Each engine is going to be somewhat unique, so as long as the numbers you see stay fairly constant or drop a little (like shown) there might not be a need to worry. There are 1-2 threads floating around where people used to post their reports. Might be worth a look, might be a waste of time since Blackstone provides us with universal averages for the S62.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Yeh similar mileage around 5K miles but I switched from TWS to 0W40 when Castrol had a big sale. Oil consumption seemed to go up while lead and copper went down. Now I'm back on TWS so we'll see what the numbers do next oil change. I'm probably gonna bite the bullet this spring on new bearings.

·
Registered
505 Posts
So I sold my '02 (owned it for three years) two years ago to scratch a Porsche itch. Of the nine BMWs I've owned this M5 was the best one o' the bunch, and reliable to boot. I was skittish before buying it because of a six month train wreck with an '01 740iL Sport - told myself I'd never own another BMW V8. Brought this one up to snuff and I still miss it. Use good oil and conservative OCI and these engines will perform and last. My experience shown below. PM me if you'd like more information.

sample

21 - 23 of 23 Posts