BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flew out of O'Hare on Wednesday, I parked on the Chicago White Sox level. There was my Black/Caramel M5 and two other Black E39 M5s parked within 100 yards of each other.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Clearly, you were in the nicest level of airport parking! It's too bad they can't reserve a section of the garage for us!

jhowton said:
I flew out of O'Hare on Wednesday, I parked on the Chicago White Sox level. There was my Black/Caramel M5 and two other Black E39 M5s parked within 100 yards of each other.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Are you guys like me when i park... I look for a space next to a wall so I can limit the odds of someone dinging my dorr.......

RKM

·
Registered
312 Posts
RKM, we're so much worse than that - unless absolutely unavoidable, neither the Beast nor the MINI ever get taken to the airport except for drop-and-runs!!!

Taxi cabs all the way. . .

RKM said:
Are you guys like me when i park... I look for a space next to a wall so I can limit the odds of someone dinging my dorr.......

RKM

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Are you kidding me? It's a science. You have to look for an end spot. If you can limit it to just a car on your drivers side, that's better because chances are there will only be 1 person in the car next to you, thus their passenger side door will never open endangering your door panel. Furthermore, parking next to an island in a parking lot can be risky because lots of those little islands in parking lots have trees planted in them that drop sap.

I'm still divided about whether a car on one side of you is better or parking in the hinterland of a parking lot. Many times I feel as though parking way in the back of a parking lot all by yourself is just asking for vandalism.

·
Registered
16 Posts
davem3smg said:
Are you kidding me? It's a science. You have to look for an end spot. If you can limit it to just a car on your drivers side, that's better because chances are there will only be 1 person in the car next to you, thus their passenger side door will never open endangering your door panel. Furthermore, parking next to an island in a parking lot can be risky because lots of those little islands in parking lots have trees planted in them that drop sap.

I'm still divided about whether a car on one side of you is better or parking in the hinterland of a parking lot. Many times I feel as though parking way in the back of a parking lot all by yourself is just asking for vandalism.
LOL i have to park my car in the customer car park at work and sometimes i end up doing 5 laps around the car park looking for a space that is next to a non moveable object :) like u said, it's best to look for a space next to the passenger side of the other vehicle LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts