BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this on eBay:

being sold on ebay for parts (not repairable)

ebay Auction

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am bidding on it at the mo as its only just a few miles away from me, dont realy know what its worth as it needs to be striped in situ as it needs to be crushed!! just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Good luck jimmy with the auction,

It is a shame though, i guess it is unrepairable as the chassis was bent?

all the best
adam

·
Registered
456 Posts
That's my old car!

The front is only superficial!, problem is the driver's side where the car is 1/2 inch narrower than should be, a full on side impact (now just so you all know, I was not in the car!)

The engine and running gear are spot on as I use to service the car every 10k miles, and put the right oil in. Also used Optimax only ...

What is it going for?

Idea with this would be to get a cheap E46 and transfer everything over, you'd have a good car.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi Tinker,
me and Andy had this conversation yesterday but decided that it cant be yours because of time and damage!! small world eh!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Suprised about time I must agree as the accident was in October last year!

But I am sure it is my car, although some bits are already missing at the front! (cloth seats, rare for B3)

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi tinker (I've just PM'd you)

What happened in the accident and was everyone ok ? you said you weren't in the car - just wondered what the story was....

Cheers

Neil

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spoke to Tim at simpsons and he says its car number 205 - I've added it to the register just for the record....

register B3s

·
Registered
456 Posts
Neil, that is exactly what I have just PM'd you about! So chaps, this is my old car!

Well I never thought I'd see her again, jimmy switch-tronic has a torque converter but is not exactly an auto.

Everything worked on the car after the crash, so it is a good basis to build a compact Alpina or the like ...

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what's your plan ?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Not sure yet, either e28, e36 or if I can find one cheap enough an e46.

·
Registered
659 Posts
A nice thought Kees but not many about that would suit! be nice to find an int fired one!

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
will the engine fit in a mini ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts