BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as the topic states, I love my M5 !!! It really is the perfect car for me as I needed a daily driver that could also be driven hard but be functional. I have included a few pics for you guys from a run I went on this past weekend upstate NY with a few of my friends. All I can say is that the M5 was with some serious cars including an 03 Murci, 08 Gallardo Coupe, 08 Gallardo Super Legerra and an 05 Carrera GT and was every bit as quick !!! I was very impressed indeed and the beauty is where by everyone else puts their cars away for the week I can drive mine as my daily :) That is not for one second to say I would not prefer to be driving any of the other cars as it's not all about figures, it's about feel and there is nothing like driving any of those other exotics. I am a sales person at Manhattan Motorcars and sell Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley and Rolls Royce and have had a lot of seat time in the exotics so can say even as an M5 owner there is nothing like the real exotics but, for the price point and for what it offers the M5 is a phenomenal car that can be driven every day and I could not be happier with my purchase. We were faced with a road block up in Westchester as apparently there were numerous calls about speeding exotics so needless to say we all got tickets but I don't know what they were talking about - LOL - Enjoy the pics...

MarK. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
Glad your pleased with it. How many miles did she have and how many have you added? Looks very clean and I always appreciate a nice light tint.

By the way, while Lamborghinis and F-cars are no problem, as beastly as the M5 is, it's not "every bit as quick" as the Carrera GT:cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Nice pictures - thanks for sharing :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad your pleased with it. How many miles did she have and how many have you added? Looks very clean and I always appreciate a nice light tint.

By the way, while Lamborghinis and F-cars are no problem, as beastly as the M5 is, it's not "every bit as quick" as the Carrera GT:cheers:
I picked the car up with 17k miles and in the last month of ownership have put on about 1500 miles. Your right as on a track with the same driver I think all of the above cars would get better lap times but on the street there was not an area where the M5 was left behind and we were pushing our cars !!! The Carrera GT also requires a very skilled driver to take full potential of that car. In my opinion of all cars I have driven including all the new Lambos and Ferraris the Carrera GT is hands down the most exciting car and would be my choice as far as a true exotic goes...

·
Registered
569 Posts
How did they give you all tickets.

Did they set up a trap or give you tickets on hearsay?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did they give you all tickets.

Did they set up a trap or give you tickets on hearsay?
It was a "hearsay" ticket... We all got the same ticket which was for disobeying a traffic signal as they did not actually see anything...

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
It is the color of your car that makes it so nice....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice car, thanks for sharing. But I don't get one thing. Doesn't Manhatten Motorcars give you a company car to drive? It would have to be a fairly nice one because that's all they sell. Wouldn't you rather drive free?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Great pictures!

True, the M5 may depreciate, but the depreciation would be similar if you drove a 997S or a Lambo the same milaege. The M-models has it's charm in being able to have fun with every day of the wekk with your family in it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for the nice write-up and nice pics!

Nice color by the way!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice car, thanks for sharing. But I don't get one thing. Doesn't Manhatten Motorcars give you a company car to drive? It would have to be a fairly nice one because that's all they sell. Wouldn't you rather drive free?
Unfortunately we do not get company cars over at MMC so the M5 works well - LOL - We do get cars for the weekend and typically I will take a Gallardo Spyder or Super Legerra when we have runs. I just got the M5 so opted to take my car and was very happy indeed !!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts