BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take the M5 to the chalet this weekend... This is what happens... Thanks to the good guys at CAA roadside for showing up within 15 minutes to tow me out. The tow truck himself was sinking and nearly got stuck lol

When my friend and I arrived at the chalet it was freezing temperatures so we drove up the driveway no issues at all. 2 hours later friend decides he wants to go buy beer :cheers: so we had to back out (no room to turn around). By that time the temperature came up so much to the point where all that snow was melting and that one spot was like quick sand. Brand new Michelin PSSs in the rear ain't got nothing against this mud pit hahha. I was cringing the WHOLE time. Rolling backwards through the twisty driveway at this point the car just sat and we heard the "squish" noise of the wet mud sucking in my rear and driver's side front wheel. We didn't try a whole lot to get the car out ourselves as it was just digging and digging. :crying:
Finally got out, no damages and a good beer run at the local grocery store made all the pain go away, almost!

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Decided to take the M5 to the chalet this weekend... This is what happens... Thanks to the good guys at CAA roadside for showing up within 15 minutes to tow me out. The tow truck himself was sinking and nearly got stuck lol

When my friend and I arrived at the chalet it was freezing temperatures so we drove up the driveway no issues at all. 2 hours later friend decides he wants to go buy beer :cheers: so we had to back out (no room to turn around). By that time the temperature came up so much to the point where all that snow was melting and that one spot was like quick sand. Brand new Michelin PSSs in the rear ain't got nothing against this mud pit hahha. I was cringing the WHOLE time. Rolling backwards through the twisty driveway at this point the car just sat and we heard the "squish" noise of the wet mud sucking in my rear and driver's side front wheel. We didn't try a whole lot to get the car out ourselves as it was just digging and digging. :crying:
Finally got out, no damages and a good beer run at the local grocery store made all the pain go away, almost!

banned.

immediatley procede to the nearest Ford dealership for vehicle reassignment.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I have always read that the Michelin PSS have great traction :dunno:

:rofl:

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT OWN AN M5 AND THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ARROGANT. PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT REVISED DISCLAIMER THAT APPLIES TO THIS POST

·
Registered
470 Posts
I do actually know how you feel. We once got my parents e38 740iL stuck in the mud in our front yard. It was bottomed out in mud, we had to get the tractor and a chain to pull it out.

Our neighbors still think we are nuts. ouich

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the laugh! Glad she made it out of her first mud hole safely. If you hit those mud holes with a little more speed....... just sayin.

At least you weren't this guy: 4 x 4 Porsche - Yeah right... - YouTube
haha wow yeah that Porsche clutch is GONE... I was going as fast as I possible could in reverse with all sorts of trees on either side. Upon further inspection what happened is there was a tree root that became exposed right where I was stuck so it was enough to stop the car and make it sit in the soft mud. It didn't help that I just just filled up the tank so that added a lot of weight I'm sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts