BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Official turbo E46 on it's way...

Err, I think you meant turbo e90, right? The 335i will definitely get quite a nice power plant!

·
Registered
60 Posts
not quite

mmmm.... Don't count on this one just yet. Rumors of a twin turbo 3.0 engine have been floating around since well before the introduction of the e60 and e65. It seems just before the launch of a new series, some rumore come up about this new engine with power ranging from 300-380hp.

Here are a couple more reasons: if the new e90 chassis can handle a V8 as is expected with the M3, its far more likely BMW will use the smaller version of the upcoming 750i V8(a 4 liter engine i think) in its top dog non-M 3 series. This will also separate it from the 1series which will have a 3.0 as its top non-m engine offering.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: not quite

HaveVR6wantM5 said:
Rumors of a twin turbo 3.0 engine have been floating around since well before the introduction of the e60 and e65.
The twin turbo engine is the diesel that they've just dropped into the 535d.

HaveVR6wantM5 said:
if the new e90 chassis can handle a V8 as is expected with the M3, its far more likely BMW will use the smaller version of the upcoming 750i V8(a 4 liter engine i think) in its top dog non-M 3 series. This will also separate it from the 1series which will have a 3.0 as its top non-m engine offering.
Doesn't make sense. The 1 Series will have a 3 litre and the E90 is being sold with a 3 litre with the possibility of a 3 litre Turbo before the V8 arrives. It seems unlikely that they'll have two V8's in the 3 Series lineup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts