BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Official Timmayfest 2017 Event Schedule:

Thursday - June 22 - 12pm : Cruise to Hocking Hills. For those who arrive early for the weekend, we will be making a slow, relaxing, cruise to, and through the Hocking Hills area. THIS WILL NOT BE A SPIRITED DRIVE. I will offer some alternative routes, and people are welcome to drive at their own pace, but I will lead a group that wish to enjoy a nice cruise. There will be a waiver to sign.... Meeting point will be announced at a later date.

Thursday - June 22 - 7pm : Welcome Dinner at Bar Louie Polaris located at 1611 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, OH 43240.

Friday - June 23 - 9am - 5pm : Dyno Day at The Toy Barn Performance Center located at 5100 Post Road, Dublin, OH 43017. $50 for 3 pulls. AWD Dynojet Dyno. Call 614-799-5000 and ask for Will Gregory to preregister for Timmayfest 2017 Dyno Day. Those who preregister are guaranteed their spot in line and will have priority over walk ins.

Friday - June 23 - 7pm(ish) : We will gather for dinner, location TBD, and possibly head to a local watering hole to enjoy some frosty cold adult beverages. More information as we get closer to the date.

Saturday - June 24 - 10am - 3pm : Timmayfest 2017 at Quaker Steak and Lube located at 8500 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240. Come and enjoy the cars, the people, and some food. We will have shirts and stickers on sale to raise money for our charity, The Make A Wish Foundation. Timmayfest is a non profit organization. Shirts will be very limited. If you definitely want a shirt, PLEASE pre order online. I am only going to order a very limited amount of sizes. So if you need something out of the ordinary, please pre order by May 1. www.timmayfest.com

Saturday - June 24 - 7pm : Semi-Formal Dinner ($30 buffet) at Cantina Laredo located at Polaris Fashion Place, 8791 Lyra Dr, Columbus, OH 43240. Please join us for dinner. Tickets for dinner can be pre-purchased for $30 on the Timmayfest website, or throughout the event.

Saturday - June 24 - The After party. A large group of us usually stay at the Hilton, which in the past, is where the After Party takes place. It seems this year the Hilton is booked. So we will be looking for a new location.

If you have any questions, please contact us. [email protected]

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Interesting. Looks like the Hilton is already booked. LOL. Looks like we are trying someplace new.

I am looking into alternatives.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Interesting. Looks like the Hilton is already booked. LOL. Looks like we are trying someplace new.

I am looking into alternatives.
I'm fine trying someplace new, however I tried booking online and it didn't tell me anything was unavailable.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm fine trying someplace new, however I tried booking online and it didn't tell me anything was unavailable.
I was able to get a room June 22-24. Please let us know if we are going somewhere new.
I just tried again. Says nothing available.

I am securing a block of rooms at the Cambria Suites, which is less than a mile away from the Hilton. They just finished building it last year. Rob stayed there during TF 2016. Pretty nice place. Rooms will be $149 a night for Friday/Saturday. Thursday is $139 a night.

Should squared away sometime today or tomorrow.

http://www.cambriasuitespolaris.com/

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Looks like they have Bar service until Midnight as well......do 'normal' bars stay open later in columbus, or is that when your close time is?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like they have Bar service until Midnight as well......do 'normal' bars stay open later in columbus, or is that when your close time is?

Regular bars are open until 2am.

There are plenty of bars within 1 mile of the hotel. We could Uber it, easily. It would be a MUCH cheaper option too. Hotel beer is EXPENSIVE.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The group block is all set up. Just call and reserve your room. Tell them you are calling about the "Timmayfest block". We have rooms set aside for Thursday - Saturday.

I will be calling this morning to set up my room.......

He did mention that the hotel will sell out by May. That is why there isn't a discount. Just make sure you call early and get your room......

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am just going to be honest here, this will probably be the last year of TF. I know I said this last year, but I think it is time........

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like you are dealing with some BS. Anything I can help with?

Too kind, as always. Thank you.

No drama or BS at all, thankfully. I just think the TF meet has run it's course. Not a lot of interest across the BMW internet community in general. Numbers fell sharply last year, and it seems will again this year. I think it's time to not have an "official" meet every year, but rather a more personal gathering for our close knit group. We can organize something among us, location and date to be agreed upon.

This whole thing is really tough to organize. It takes a lot of work from a lot of people. I actually am just a small part of it. It is difficult to continually ask people for favors when we are all very busy with our personal lives.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Tim, I 100% understand. See attached from 2010 (before HD photos).

The guys in the photo know who they are!

Miss that less stressful era.

You have brought a great many people together and for that I thank you. Most of those in the photo are people I constantly keep in touch with.

Richard....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
while I never attended one...I can appreciate the effort it takes to get everyone together & moreover all the logistics for the venues etc.
Never met you...but Kudos to you for having taken the time to do this all these years!
Fact of the matter is as the E39 gets long in the tooth...the original batch of owners/enthusiasts has dwindled...some have moved on to other M cars OR other brands entirely....we gents are the old guys in the room now...that was really meant more for Irish M5...LOL
personally I still have a couple of M cars but my new love is an Italian car....don't tell my wife...
Hey Irish don't forget the geritol!!..
Regards
M

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have only been attending since 2014 but it is one hell of a fun weekend. Tim does a great job of setting everything up and making the arrangements so we can have a great time. Thanks to Tim and everyone else that plays a part in the planning and execution of such an event.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I missed the first year because I didn't have my M5 yet. I did attend 2011 as my first year. Missed a few, but have been to most. Definitely gained some good friends, made great memories and certainly had some laughs!

T-shirt and decals for 2017 ordered! Hopefully booking my room and reserving my dyno spot during lunch today.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tim,

Thanks for putting the Fest together again this year. I understand how difficult it is to organize such large events. Your hard work is appreciated.

I will do my best to try to make it out this year.

Kenny

1 - 20 of 46 Posts