BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

841 - 852 of 852 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, I may have some good news for you! I've searched everywhere under the sun for a set of affordable muffles tips with same specs as Timmay's tips and finally found a source.

1320 Performance Blastpipes blast pipe exhaust STAINLESS UNIVERSAL MUFFLER V5&V6 | eBay

My muffler tips already came in and if anyone is interested then I can try to post some pics for you guys. Overall, I am pretty happy with the quality.

I am not affiliated with the seller in any way.

These look great. Please post pics when you get them on!

·
Registered
23 Posts
For Sale: Rare BMW E39 M5 Timmy Tips made by Timmay. I bought these from a M5 board member, brand new condition but blew the S62 engine and am done with BMW's for awhile. These are the stuff legends are made of. The absolute best modification for an E39 M5 is, in my humble opinion, a muffler delete with these tips! No drone, just an insane sound under acceleration!
Just looking to get my $400 back.
$400 including shipping to the lower 48.

·
Registered
736 Posts
For Sale: Rare BMW E39 M5 Timmy Tips made by Timmay. I bought these from a M5 board member, brand new condition but blew the S62 engine and am done with BMW's for awhile. These are the stuff legends are made of. The absolute best modification for an E39 M5 is, in my humble opinion, a muffler delete with these tips! No drone, just an insane sound under acceleration!
Do tell how you blew your S62 please... just curious.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ran it with a herd of Ferrari's, after 10 laps or so, it overheated. Shreds of metal in the oil the next day. The prior owner used Royal Purple 5w30... I don't know why. I suspect the oil. I'm a believer in Liquid Moly 10w60 only...

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
New M5 owner and I'm interested, but also new to this board. Are these still available? I'm not yet able to PM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys, I may have some good news for you! I've searched everywhere under the sun for a set of affordable muffles tips with same specs as Timmay's tips and finally found a source.

My muffler tips already came in and if anyone is interested then I can try to post some pics for you guys. Overall, I am pretty happy with the quality.

I am not affiliated with the seller in any way.
Hey- i know its old but you never commented on the quality and fitment of the tips. Can you chime in? thanks!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ran it with a herd of Ferrari's, after 10 laps or so, it overheated. Shreds of metal in the oil the next day. The prior owner used Royal Purple 5w30... I don't know why. I suspect the oil. I'm a believer in Liquid Moly 10w60 only...
Hmmm why the black side skirts? Did you plasti dip them to protect the paint from the racing event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

841 - 852 of 852 Posts