BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

821 - 840 of 863 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Need Help !!

hello,

my Bmw m5 e39 doesn't rev past 3000 rpm after mufler delete, it seems like the car goes into a limp mode, and when i place back the

regular mufflers the car runs grate !

Any idea on how to solve the problem ?
i don't think that related to deleting the mufflers. check any codes and you will find out why it go in limp mode

·
Registered
561 Posts
I just picked mine up from the shop an hour ago. I took the Dinan mufflers off and went with straight pipes where the mufflers were with new dual tips (classic muffler delet). It's not my daily driver but if it were I don't think I'd mind. It's louder but only loud if you get into it. Normal slow driving sounds just like the Dinans did before. WOT is just intoxicating now! WOT is Loud but insainly awesome.

I went nuts and bought the evolve headers and cats this morning. Can't wait to hear it then. I'll have em on March 25
did you put headers...i want to hear:devil....is it worth the money what you get back from the headers?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
So now put the muffler delete pipes on and see if the problem returns. Could have been a one time thing completely unrelated. Unless you are messing with the O2 sensors, there is nothing in the exhaust system from mid-car back that has any influence on performance. Unless of course there is a blockage of some kind in the pipes.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Zaid: when i put back the stock mufflers the car runs well
Check for codes. An exhaust leak won't do that. It will just be loud. Look for mice in delete pipes :wink

Can you please take some pictures and post them up so we can see your set up?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lots of great sounds in here. Adding this to the mix:

Evolve Medusa headers + decat
SS X-pipe
FMU rear exhaust

Reactions: sor118 and zaid

·
Registered
631 Posts
Fact:
The M5 should have never come stock with the OE mufflers.
I was a tad apprehensive doing the delete as I didn't want to lose the "executive sedan" character of the car however, after about 6 weeks of new straight pipes...I am happy that the normal driving "light foot" gives very little extra noise however at WOT...the Euro exotic growl is musical.

No drone, no vibrations, no rattles, no closed mouths.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone have experience using these tips?

Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip 9 5" Long 2 5" Inlet 3" Dual Outlet | eBay

I'm finding there are very little options with 2.5" inlet to dual 3" tips.
I'm having the same problem as you. Was curious about these ebay ones
1 Pair Quad 3" Out Exhaust Tips 2 25" in 9" Long Dual Wall 304 Stainless Steel | eBay
Polished Stainless Quad Slant Exhaust Tips Single 2 5" Inlet Dual 3" Outlet | eBay

I'm not really into the slant cut but I like the dual wall look. Any reason these won't work or might look off?

I'd love to see a collection of pics of 3.5" and 3" tips. From the ones I've dug up on the forum I think I want to stick with 3" but the pic in this ebay listing isn't bad
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Dual-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Tips-3-5-series-2-5-3-5-Quad-Outlets-E39-M5/251741380992?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=cd0be046113043d2a65e772e6d81f320&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&mehot=ag&sd=222120193640

*edit* OK, well I'm impatient. Bought the ones on the first link. We shall see!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I'm having the same problem as you. Was curious about these ebay ones
1 Pair Quad 3" Out Exhaust Tips 2 25" in 9" Long Dual Wall 304 Stainless Steel | eBay
Polished Stainless Quad Slant Exhaust Tips Single 2 5" Inlet Dual 3" Outlet | eBay

I'm not really into the slant cut but I like the dual wall look. Any reason these won't work or might look off?

I'd love to see a collection of pics of 3.5" and 3" tips. From the ones I've dug up on the forum I think I want to stick with 3" but the pic in this ebay listing isn't bad
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Dual-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Tips-3-5-series-2-5-3-5-Quad-Outlets-E39-M5/251741380992?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=cd0be046113043d2a65e772e6d81f320&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&mehot=ag&sd=222120193640

*edit* OK, well I'm impatient. Bought the ones on the first link. We shall see!
You shouldn't have an issues at all. It comes down to preferences when we talk about tip style. Enjoy and good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just completed the muffler delete modification. All I can say is WAO!!! what an amazing sound. Anyone interested on a pair of top speed pro 1 mufflers, they only have 1000 miles. Thanks

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Just completed the muffler delete modification. All I can say is WAO!!! what an amazing sound. Anyone interested on a pair of top speed pro 1 mufflers, they only have 1000 miles. Thanks
Welcome to the club. What did you use for tips? Maybe I'll see you around.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm thinking of buying the same exhaust tips as you, kmharvs33. Has there been any issues with the large diameters and can you please post up some pics please? Thanks!
Can you provide link for the tips?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys, I may have some good news for you! I've searched everywhere under the sun for a set of affordable muffles tips with same specs as Timmay's tips and finally found a source.

1320 Performance Blastpipes blast pipe exhaust STAINLESS UNIVERSAL MUFFLER V5&V6 | eBay

My muffler tips already came in and if anyone is interested then I can try to post some pics for you guys. Overall, I am pretty happy with the quality.

I am not affiliated with the seller in any way.

821 - 840 of 863 Posts