BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can read it fully under Enterprise on bmw.com

I've read one interesting phrase on page 30, down :

"In July we will be presenting the updated version of the BMW 5 Series followed in autumn by..."

Now this is clear ! I hope there will be no big improvements as I got my E39 in November. Some say that for example the new front headlights (if there will be any ?)should be easily mounted on an "old" 5..

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Originally posted by Tom:
You can read it fully under Enterprise on bmw.com

I've read one interesting phrase on page 30, down :

"In July we will be presenting the updated version of the BMW 5 Series followed in autumn by..."

Now this is clear ! I hope there will be no big improvements as I got my E39 in November. Some say that for example the new front headlights (if there will be any ?)should be easily mounted on an "old" 5..
This was mentioned in Roundel earlier this year. A minor face lift includes scalloped headlights like the the 3.

------------------
Jim

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Not surprising really.

What would be surprising is no changes at all. After all the five series has been on sale since mid '96 with no exterior changes at all. Guess what? there will be even more changes in '02 & '03 and a complete redesign around '04.

History is always a good guide to future products. Compare the '95 M3 to the '99 the '91 M5 to the '95 sold outside the US.

The only thing constant is change.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
who knows.. they might decide to not update the M5 even after the other 5 series models get the update.. =)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I for one think that the new minorly updated 5 series coming in so called July would be great with the new 3 and 7 series head lights. Ever since they came out on the new 3 series, it has changed the look of the car completely and has def. made it more attractive. I wonder what else they plan to change. And i also wonder if they have scheduled the new lights on the M5. By the way, the new M5 will be in production for the next 4 yrs only. Official bmw statements are that this will be a limited edition product much like the E55 and afterwards there will be a long break just like there was one since the last M5 in 94 or 95 (i think, not sure which yr)...which one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts