BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
nice, hopefully it should be somewhat in the vein of the 968cs. We had one of those a few years back lovelove had an unpleasant tree-porsche interaction though :crying:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Gop-Dogg said:
Pass on the Gheyman. Nose is too long and the front is ugly. Give me a 997 over that.
Fully agree on you. It looks like a bad 997 replica imo.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I'd take a 997S without question but this looks good too. I like it.

·
2,520 Posts
Hard to replace the rear main seal...expensive too. May have to remove the engine or transmission, whichever is easier, to replace the seal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
de Witt said:
Hard to replace the rear main seal...expensive too. May have to remove the engine or transmission, whichever is easier, to replace the seal.
I see, so it's not good to have the car out of warranty :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
barnoun said:
What's the significance of an RMS engine?
The Boxster has suffered from RMS (rear main seal in the engine) leaks since 1997 and Porsche refuses to fix it. Some 997s have had RMS leaks. The 996 GT3, GT2, and Turbo had a racing-derived engine with dry-sump lubrication and they didn't suffer from RMS leaks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Rickcoin said:
The Boxster has suffered from RMS (rear main seal in the engine) leaks since 1997 and Porsche refuses to fix it. Some 997s have had RMS leaks. The 996 GT3, GT2, and Turbo had a racing-derived engine with dry-sump lubrication and they didn't suffer from RMS leaks.
This is very good info, I was planning on getting a boxster in a few months as a daily driver but now I have to reconsider my decision. Seems like there are benefits to getting the top model of a car, besides the increased performance. :cool2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts