·
Registered
79 Posts
its very very very nice, but i would not take it over my m6 convertible,
Plus i think M6 is faster

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
mmmmmm :) very nice...except the wheels....
price tag?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow Gustav the gearbox on this baby is amazing!!!:thumbsup:
Are BMW going to offer this on the M6 soon????:1::confused: - I really hope so!!!!:biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Repost, and it isn't replacing SMG in the M5 or M6 cars. Title is misleading.
Really?

"The old SMG—still found in the M5 and M6, although we expect the M DCT to supplant the SMG in those cars soon enough" Page 2 of the C&D article.

Anyways, sorry 'bout the dupe

·
Banned
481 Posts
Really?

"The old SMG—still found in the M5 and M6, although we expect the M DCT to supplant the SMG in those cars soon enough" Page 2 of the C&D article.

Anyways, sorry 'bout the dupe
"We expect"

It really has not replaced anything as SMG was never available to begin with on the new M3.

BMW has not announced DCT for the M5 or M6 and I wouldn't hold my breath. Car and driver gets predictions wrong all the time. They also said the M6 would have a 5.5 liter 550 hp v10 at one time.

You also posted this in the M5 section and also in the M6. So it is a dupe of a dupe.

·
Registered
300 Posts
"We expect"

It really has not replaced anything as SMG was never available to begin with on the new M3.

BMW has not announced DCT for the M5 or M6 and I wouldn't hold my breath. Car and driver gets predictions wrong all the time. They also said the M6 would have a 5.5 liter 550 hp v10 at one time.

You also posted this in the M5 section and also in the M6. So it is a dupe of a dupe.
Wasn't the SMG first introduced in the last gen M3? Only makes sense that BMW would introduce the new tranny in the new car. If M DCT turns out to be smoother and quicker shifting then the SMG, I, like C&D, "expect" and hope BMW puts it on all M cars. Why on earth BMW would keep two different types of automated manuals? Looks to me (just my opinion) that the double clutch tranny is the future for the M cars.

I actually like the SMG and don't think its anywhere near as bad as the magazines made it out to be, then again I have the newest version so don't know how jerky it was before. Regardless, if the new DCT is better, great!

BTW, I posted in both sections (and by the way, there might be some people that don't go to both sections) because I thought it was news.

·
Banned
481 Posts
Wasn't the SMG first introduced in the last gen M3? Only makes sense that BMW would introduce the new tranny in the new car. If M DCT turns out to be smoother and quicker shifting then the SMG, I, like C&D, "expect" and hope BMW puts it on all M cars. Why on earth BMW would keep two different types of automated manuals? Looks to me (just my opinion) that the double clutch tranny is the future for the M cars.

I actually like the SMG and don't think its anywhere near as bad as the magazines made it out to be, then again I have the newest version so don't know how jerky it was before. Regardless, if the new DCT is better, great!

BTW, I posted in both sections (and by the way, there might be some people that don't go to both sections) because I thought it was news.
I understand why you did it, it is just redundant. It is good news for people to see, but there are specific sections for each piece of news to prevent clutter and duplicate posts.

DCT will eventually replace SMG. It will happen, there is no reason to believe as of right now that DCT is going in the current M5/M6. BMW will wait and see how it goes with the M3 before introducing it. By the time they will be ready to do so, the M5/M6 production will be at its end and it won't be worth the cost. I see it logically coming in the next iteration. This is not to rule it out completely, just that it is unlikely and nothing from an official BMW source has confirmed a production change or a planned one. I for one would love to see it ASAP.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New pictures.

<table id="post1232635" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1232635">

<!-- / message --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2">
</td> <td class="alt1" align="right"> <!-- controls --> </td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Gustav, the second set of pictures (black M3) were there yesterday then disappeared for a while before coming back - what happened?

:confused2

·
Registered
356 Posts
A beautiful diversion Gustav!!!!!
I would love to see a picture of this baby with the roof up from behind - the view most competitors will see????
:cheers::1::thumbsup::haha::applause:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts