Hope it's not a repost.

Publish Date: From: Expiration Date:
Subject:
January 17, 2012 Marketing January 31, 2012
All-New BMW M5 Sedan Update
To: All BMW Car Dealers, All Sales Positions
DCSnet Message
Important

The all-new, 5th-generation BMW M5 Sedan arrives in the United States later this summer as a 2013 model. Created by BMW M GmbH and featuring a 4.4-liter, 560 horsepower V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, the new M5 is capable of 0-60mph in just over 4 seconds with racecar- like handling. Exclusive to North America, a sweet-shifting 6-speed manual transmission with two years of tuning for feel will be offered as a no-cost option. The new M5 also features the most fully- developed front and rear suspension and braking systems ever offered on a volume-produced M car. Its new, electronically-controlled Active M Differential Lock and unique Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires ensure unprecedented traction among rear-wheel drive cars. The famous M Drive System (steering wheel mounted M Button) has been enhanced (now with two M Buttons) allowing the driver to easily manage “two cars in one.” The standard Driving Dynamics Controls have been simplified for Engine, Suspension, and Steering, now with simple COMFORT, SPORT, and SPORT+ settings for each. M- specific instrumentation and an all-new M Head Up Display (M HUD) complete the driving experience. Notably, for the first time among M cars, the new M5 will be launched with a full complement of BMW Individual colors, trims, and upholsteries.
FAQ for Dealers:
• Pricing, official Dealer Bulletin, product brochures, and Ordering Guide will be released concurrent to the New York International Auto Show in the first week of April.
• Start of Production will match other MY13 5 Series models.
• The new M5 micro-site is already online at
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2012/M/M5Explore.aspx
• European Delivery will be offered, and is expected to be available starting in August.
• While a program is not included with purchase of an M5, the BMW Performance Driving School at Spartanburg is designing a focused program to provide maximum time behind the wheel of the new M5.
• Allocation questions should be directed to your Area Manager.
Kind Regards for 2012,
-Matt Russell
M Brand Manager, United States

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
While a program is not included with purchase of an M5, the BMW Performance Driving School at Spartanburg is designing a focused program to provide maximum time behind the wheel of the new M5.

Booooooo

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Good to hear the official pricing will be released in April for the USA. Also glad to hear that they will be doing European Delivery from the beginning of the launch.

Hope it's not a repost.

Publish Date: From: Expiration Date:
Subject:
January 17, 2012 Marketing January 31, 2012
All-New BMW M5 Sedan Update
To: All BMW Car Dealers, All Sales Positions
DCSnet Message
Important

The all-new, 5th-generation BMW M5 Sedan arrives in the United States later this summer as a 2013 model. Created by BMW M GmbH and featuring a 4.4-liter, 560 horsepower V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, the new M5 is capable of 0-60mph in just over 4 seconds with racecar- like handling. Exclusive to North America, a sweet-shifting 6-speed manual transmission with two years of tuning for feel will be offered as a no-cost option. The new M5 also features the most fully- developed front and rear suspension and braking systems ever offered on a volume-produced M car. Its new, electronically-controlled Active M Differential Lock and unique Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires ensure unprecedented traction among rear-wheel drive cars. The famous M Drive System (steering wheel mounted M Button) has been enhanced (now with two M Buttons) allowing the driver to easily manage “two cars in one.” The standard Driving Dynamics Controls have been simplified for Engine, Suspension, and Steering, now with simple COMFORT, SPORT, and SPORT+ settings for each. M- specific instrumentation and an all-new M Head Up Display (M HUD) complete the driving experience. Notably, for the first time among M cars, the new M5 will be launched with a full complement of BMW Individual colors, trims, and upholsteries.
FAQ for Dealers:
• Pricing, official Dealer Bulletin, product brochures, and Ordering Guide will be released concurrent to the New York International Auto Show in the first week of April.
• Start of Production will match other MY13 5 Series models.
• The new M5 micro-site is already online at
M5 Explore - BMW North America
• European Delivery will be offered, and is expected to be available starting in August.
• While a program is not included with purchase of an M5, the BMW Performance Driving School at Spartanburg is designing a focused program to provide maximum time behind the wheel of the new M5.
• Allocation questions should be directed to your Area Manager.
Kind Regards for 2012,
-Matt Russell
M Brand Manager, United States

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Can't believe they are doing away with the performance center M school with the purchase of the car....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. Shame to kill the tradition of M school. Also seems like a potential safety issue/bad PR move when these cars keep getting wrecked...

Parker

·
Registered
325 Posts
It when from late fall to early spring to early summer to now Auguest. I have half a mind to get my $5000 back, but only half a mind. At least having access to the individual program is good new, will have to find a site where individual colors are shown

·
Registered
148 Posts
It when from late fall to early spring to early summer to now Auguest. I have half a mind to get my $5000 back, but only half a mind. At least having access to the individual program is good new, will have to find a site where individual colors are shown

I have daily driven an M5 since 1988. But all this waiting around for US release and pricing information and now 6 years with my 06 cost them a sale, I have ordered a Panamera TT.

You can find the personalized order items on the configurator in Germany or in UK. It looks like they will have some nice options to choose from.

I am bummed they don't have a car ready now or I would have one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts