BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Not an S85 related thread, but hoping somebody might be able to help if they have any knowledge of the N62 4.8 V8.

Long story cut short - I've got a broken part that I need to identify so that I can order a replacement - can somebody please tell me what this cracked part is? Looks like it connects into the exhaust cam and it runs oil through it. Something to do with the VVT system, but I don't know what it's called.

Alternatively if anybody can direct me to a good, active N62 community, I'll jump over there and ask.

Automotive tire Flash photography Grey Style Wood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
577 Posts
that may be the vacuum assist, but ya, realoem will get you what you need.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are amazing and have really cheered me up - thank you so much. I was really worried thinking that this was going to require excessive funds and technical gadgetry to repair 🥰

It is indeed a vacuum pump and I've now ordered a replacement to fit asap. Bless you guys and thank you once again :)

Line Font Auto part Personal protective equipment Engineering

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
577 Posts
The next question is how the heck did that puppy crack like that? They are known to leak, and pretty sure the fix is usually a new seal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts