1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
170 Posts
You know - I'm sorry you had a business disagreement with D/A. Frankly - your credibility is beginning to look tarnished. The whole "fix it and I say its great - don't fix it and I smear you" thing stinks (if thats what really happened). Your insistence on keeping this disagreement front and center is getting tiresome and degrades sympathy for your cause. Business dealings don't always end with client and customer seeing eye-to-eye. Thats life.

You decided to modify a highly complex vehicle. You are delusional to think that these projects are completed without any hiccups and/or additional tuning needs - especially considering very few S62's have been supercharged. You also chose a tuner that was 3000 miles away - making it very hard for Shadowman to complete any follow-up needs.

I'm not taking D/A's side here - I wasn't involved - and I'm not trying to bash you - but I do sense your motives at this point are verging on character assassination rather than resolution.

My advice would be to handle your business in private. You made your point on this forum - you presented your side of the story. Great! Time to move on now. I understand why you were disappointed - you paid good money for something - you expect it to be perfect. However - being one of the first supercharged S62's in existence - I think you maybe had too high of an expectation that things would run perfectly and not need additional tweaks.

Good luck with AA. I hope you are satisfied with thier work.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Second that . . .

Wrightsville Beast said:
You know - I'm sorry you had a business disagreement with D/A. Frankly - your credibility is beginning to look tarnished. The whole "fix it and I say its great - don't fix it and I smear you" thing stinks (if thats what really happened). Your insistence on keeping this disagreement front and center is getting tiresome and degrades sympathy for your cause. Business dealings don't always end with client and customer seeing eye-to-eye. Thats life.

You decided to modify a highly complex vehicle. You are delusional to think that these projects are completed without any hiccups and/or additional tuning needs - especially considering very few S62's have been supercharged. You also chose a tuner that was 3000 miles away - making it very hard for Shadowman to complete any follow-up needs.

I'm not taking D/A's side here - I wasn't involved - and I'm not trying to bash you - but I do sense your motives at this point are verging on character assassination rather than resolution.

My advice would be to handle your business in private. You made your point on this forum - you presented your side of the story. Great! Time to move on now. I understand why you were disappointed - you paid good money for something - you expect it to be perfect. However - being one of the first supercharged S62's in existence - I think you maybe had too high of an expectation that things would run perfectly and not need additional tweaks.

Good luck with AA. I hope you are satisfied with thier work.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Wrightswille Beast, very good post and I agree wholeheartly. bbloch, consider this your first warning. After one more you have to contact me to get unbanned.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
This matter really pin-points the need to have good and balanced contracts before entering into advanced mods.

There are inherent risks, and those risks had better be distributed between the parties before the fact, so to say.

Having a supercharged M5 is a great thing. But there are no hazzle-free S62 super-charger projects. Period.

I think the fundamental fact is that there simply is not enough willingness to spend money on a supercharger to finance all the engineering work needed to get absolutely everything right.

We have one angry and disappointed customer, and one angry and disappointed tuner. I think there can be two people and two entirely different views, without any one being wrong.

Gentlemen, do try to work this out. Get an arbitrator if need be. Ending a war in peace, is a far greater achievment than having started the same war.

David

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
This matter really pin-points the need to have good and balanced contracts before entering into advanced mods.

There are inherent risks, and those risks had better be distributed between the parties before the fact, so to say.

Having a supercharged M5 is a great thing. But there are no hazzle-free S62 super-charger projects. Period.

I think the fundamental fact is that there simply is not enough willingness to spend money on a supercharger to finance all the engineering work needed to get absolutely everything right.

We have one angry and disappointed customer, and one angry and disappointed tuner. I think there can be two people and two entirely different views, without any one being wrong.

Gentlemen, do try to work this out. Get an arbitrator if need be. Ending a war in peace, is a far greater achievment than having started the same war.

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts