BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the correct markings are on the back of the oem wheels? It would save me a lot of effort (I won't have to pull the wheels to find what the markings are). I want to buy another set of oem wheels and there appears to be a lot of non oem wheels out there for sale and I am not interested in anything that is not oem.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I checked the set of OEM wheels I have and found the following markings located around the wheel hub:

CT FX PU

The markings are the same for both front & rear wheels.

Hope that helps. :M5thumbs:

QUOTE=zaapa]Does anyone know what the correct markings are on the back of the oem wheels? It would save me a lot of effort (I won't have to pull the wheels to find what the markings are). I want to buy another set of oem wheels and there appears to be a lot of non oem wheels out there for sale and I am not interested in anything that is not oem.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
120 Posts
How much would those OEM wheels be in the States? In this part of the world these cast alloy originals are worth US$1200 a piece!

·
Registered
7,535 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
CSBM5,

Gee, thanks, next time if I seriously damage a rim, I know where to get a reasonable priced replacement. So far I am able to make do with repairing the minor dents resulting from curb scratches, etc.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Polynova said:
How much would those OEM wheels be in the States? In this part of the world these cast alloy originals are worth $12K a piece!
Yikes! It would make sense for you to have someone buy you a set in the USA and then ship them to you.

You didn't mean to write $1.2K, did you? Even that is about twice than what they cost here. But TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS?? :eek:

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Polynova said:
How much would those OEM wheels be in the States? In this part of the world these cast alloy originals are worth $12K a piece!
Did you mean $12K HKD?

Even after conversion to USD, that's still over $1500 a wheel, still quite a bit of change. :crying2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry guys, I meant US$1.2K or close to HK $9,800. I slipped the decimal point in my original message, which has just been corrected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts