BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know where can i find one for sale? and which brand is it? and model...?

My M5 as pre instalation fited, and i want to put a mobile phone! but a original one!

Its a E34 m5...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nuno Miguel said:
But i realy would like to put the original phne on the car...
My 94 M5 still has the telephone fitted.

The handset up front is a Motorola 6800x and there is a cradle in the boot for the motorola mobile phone to be plugged into.

The aeriel is roof mounted and the interface module is bolted behind the CD changer on the left hand side of the boot.

I have been trying to find info on whether this kit can be made to work again and the general opinion is NO.

:crying:

If you want pics, mail me at [email protected] and i'll post them to you directly.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
there is no -real- OEM-phone, the customer was given various choices
and BMW proviced whatever the customer choose, there was a wide
varity of phones in these cars -
for sure -someone here- has thrown the -historical phone- out and perhaps
still got it ???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why doesnt it work, some time ago i saw a original telephone on a 93 E36 whit a bmw logo on it that worked fine.

Mail me the pics [email protected] or [email protected]

hertfordshire1 said:
My 94 M5 still has the telephone fitted.

The handset up front is a Motorola 6800x and there is a cradle in the boot for the motorola mobile phone to be plugged into.

The aeriel is roof mounted and the interface module is bolted behind the CD changer on the left hand side of the boot.

I have been trying to find info on whether this kit can be made to work again and the general opinion is NO.

:crying:

If you want pics, mail me at [email protected] and i'll post them to you directly.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nuno Miguel said:
why doesnt it work, some time ago i saw a original telephone on a 93 E36 whit a bmw logo on it that worked fine.

Mail me the pics [email protected] or [email protected]
I've been told the car kit is analogue.

Therefore the only way to get it going would be to try and find a GSM interface that will connect to the old equipment already fitted to the car!!

I will forward you the pictures tonight for your viewing pleasure.

Steve

·
Registered
868 Posts
hertfordshire1 said:
I've been told the car kit is analogue.

Therefore the only way to get it going would be to try and find a GSM interface that will connect to the old equipment already fitted to the car!!

I will forward you the pictures tonight for your viewing pleasure.

Steve

This isn't really necessary with the delights of bluetooth. Just get a universal blue tooth kit installed in the void and use whatever phone you like.

I wouldn't worry too much about keeping the original Bmw 'army field' analogue phone. Unless of course for historic reasons.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats it, i want it for historic reasons. its the only oem acessorie that is missing from my 91 M5.

I tried ebay, every body says that you could find virtual everything there... but nothing so far...:sad1:

M5 powered said:
This isn't really necessary with the delights of bluetooth. Just get a universal blue tooth kit installed in the void and use whatever phone you like.

I wouldn't worry too much about keeping the original Bmw 'army field' analogue phone. Unless of course for historic reasons.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where can i find one???????

The Pics that you sent me, had 2 phones right?

Nuno Miguel said:
Thats it, i want it for historic reasons. its the only oem acessorie that is missing from my 91 M5.

I tried ebay, every body says that you could find virtual everything there... but nothing so far...:sad1:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just for the info.

My phone works like a dream and its my primary mode of communication when I'm in the M5....its the original factory fitted gsm phone.

Handsfree works too....if fact, anyone thats see's it is dumbfounded that a car this old has such an accessory.

Police stopped me the other day and were amazed that it worked...even took my number to call me later !!

·
Registered
124 Posts
there is no -real- OEM-phone, the customer was given various choices
Correct....my car came with the factory preinstallation and a Bosch brand phone fitted neatly in the centre console. These phones are actually early CDMA and have nothing to do with GSM specification. Mine would turn on but do nothing after that and none of the carriers in Cyprus actually support CDMA nowadays. I looked into conversion but these phones cannot be made to work with GSM. Hence the phone came out of the car. All the modules are still intact.

My phone works like a dream and its my primary mode of communication when I'm in the M5....its the original factory fitted gsm phone.
Hey Erik...is yours BMW branded or something else?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Correct....my car came with the factory preinstallation and a Bosch brand phone fitted neatly in the centre console. These phones are actually early CDMA and have nothing to do with GSM specification. Mine would turn on but do nothing after that and none of the carriers in Cyprus actually support CDMA nowadays. I looked into conversion but these phones cannot be made to work with GSM.

Hey Erik...is yours BMW branded or something else?

Hi,

My phone is a BMW branded phone ( Motorola ,I think )....and yes, it is also a GSM specification phone not CDMA. It works on all our GSM networks here.

The manual is in German so I don't know how to use all its functions ....but its a very good accessory when doing 200+ and my wife calls telling me to come home for dinner !:noSMG:

Anyone have a link to an English phone manual ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts