BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a staggered set of OEM style 65 wheels. The wheels would probably need a refinish because of curb rash and brake dust. One wheel was refinished in more of an alloy color and stands out from the other 3. The two rear wheels show some curb rash and the two fronts have very minimal curb rash. Re-finishing the wheels would not require too much effort, they are in good condition.

I want to sell them with the tires. The fronts have 50% tread wear (kuhmo ecsta If i recall correctly) and the rears have about 300 miles each on (michelin pilot super sports).

I am not exactly sure how much these go for, but I have an idea. So, make offers. I am looking to get money for a new set of Linea Corse Lemans or Z2s with tires. Not sure about shipping costs

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
PM'd

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Returned Tim!

Also,

If anybody can help me out on price info I would appreciate it. I know what they go for new and have a ballpark of what they are worth used, but I would appreciate some honest feedback on price.

I am going to try and get over to storage and snap pics of them.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I've been buying style 65 rims for a while, currently have 13 of them. From my dealings, a good front can go for $200 and a nice rear easily $250. You'd need to adjust for any cosmetic or mechanical flaws, but a good set is priced to move at $850. As for used tires, I usually price them at $50 a piece, unless it's almost new, then maybe 50% to 75% of retail value.

Like to hear what others have to say on these price points.

Reactions: chowdah

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been buying style 65 rims for a while, currently have 13 of them. From my dealings, a good front can go for $200 and a nice rear easily $250. You'd need to adjust for any cosmetic or mechanical flaws, but a good set is priced to move at $850. As for used tires, I usually price them at $50 a piece, unless it's almost new, then maybe 50% to 75% of retail value.

Lol, i think my price estimate was a little higher. I would not let the rear tires go for anything less than 75% of retail because they only have like 300 miles on them.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I may be off on the used tire prices, mainly b/c I prefer to get matching sets, and shipping with tires are costly. The thing with used tired is that you're unsure of age, heat cycle, driving style and any repairs (patch, plug, etc.) done to it. In your case, it may well be worth more, but the rim prices i'm pretty confident on. GLWS!

·
Registered
71 Posts

I just got into my E39 M5 again, but I've bought 2 sets of 996 Turbo hollow spoke wheels - 18", similar quality to the 65's - super clean they would move around $800-900/set. Tires $50-75 per. So I would expect to pay a similar amount for style 65. I agree with the comment about tire pricing as well - most people have inaccurate statements about tread thickness, heat cycles, remaining mileage, etc.

OP, if you're interested in selling one front wheel let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do, gonna try and snap a few this afternoon

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I snapped some pics of the wheels today. They are in pretty good condition. Each front wheel has one very minor scuff on the rim, otherwise they are flawless in terms of construction. One of the fronts was refinished in a lighter shade of the shadow chrome.

The two rears have 2-3 curb rash spots on each. Other than that no dings or scratches. All four wheels (except the refinished front wheel) have break dust stains. Overall the wheels look pretty darn good for being so old. The PS2 tires seem to have nearly no signs of tread wear, and the Kuhmo Ecstas still seem to have at least 40% life left. I would be most interested in selling these with tires, unless someone can find another buyer for the tires. If somebody wants the rears or fronts only and can find someone else to take the remaining I would entertain that. PM me with offers!

FRONTS
1st Wheel

1st Wheel Scuff

2nd Wheel

2nd WHeel Scuff

Front Refinish

Front Tread

1st Rear Wheel

1st Rear Scuffs

2nd Rear Wheel

Finish

Rear Tread

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I want your rears I am pm'ing for price right now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts