BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling the factory tail lights from my 2002 M5. They are in perfect working order & they are in excellent condition. No cracks, chips, leaks or broken pieces of any kind. A quick evaluation would say they are both 9 out of 10 in regards to their appearance. I'm selling this set of rear lenses by themselves. They come pre-loaded with the turn signal bulbs & sockets. However, each side will need 2 bulbs sockets & lights. The bulb sockets are part #5 in this parts diagram... (BALLAST's not included)

I'm selling the set for $275.

RealOEM.com BMW E39 M5 Rear light

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Me wantie - but cannot find reasonable ballasts for pre-facelift 2000 though - waaaaaaaa - :(

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
If you have an lcm III and are crafty with wires, you don't need the ballasts.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
If you have an lcm III and are crafty with wires, you don't need the ballasts.
Could you link me to any specifics or PM me some on non ballast install - If I could figure that out I might pull the trigger. :applause:

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I'll just put it here to expand Kevin's possible demographic:

You need GT1/DIS (v44 or older), SSS/Progman, or NCSexpert (BMW software that's part of the EDIABAS suite). You'll need to program the LCM for the LED retrofit (available in the GT1/DIS coding menu for the E39).

Elsewhere, you'll just need a set of the light's chassis-side connectors. Either out of a wrecked car, or if they use a generic/3rd-party connector, they can be purchased.

Perhaps I'll document it when I do the swap soon.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'll just put it here to expand Kevin's possible demographic:

You need GT1/DIS (v44 or older), SSS/Progman, or NCSexpert (BMW software that's part of the EDIABAS suite). You'll need to program the LCM for the LED retrofit (available in the GT1/DIS coding menu for the E39).

Elsewhere, you'll just need a set of the light's chassis-side connectors. Either out of a wrecked car, or if they use a generic/3rd-party connector, they can be purchased.

Perhaps I'll document it when I do the swap soon.
The former I have already - the latter I can do but would like to see your write up first - I hope you do it! I'll search a little more on the board for detaila on another swap like this.

Kevin - I'll pm you if I decide to move forward. Thanks to both of you.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts