BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling the factory tail lights from my 2002 M5. They are in perfect working order & they are in excellent condition. No cracks, chips, leaks or broken pieces of any kind. A quick evaluation would say they are both 9 out of 10 in regards to their appearance. I'm selling this set of rear lenses by themselves. They come pre-loaded with the turn signal bulbs & sockets. However, each side will need 2 bulbs sockets & lights. The bulb sockets are part #5 in this parts diagram... (BALLAST's not included)

I'm selling the set for $275.

RealOEM.com BMW E39 M5 Rear light

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Me wantie - but cannot find reasonable ballasts for pre-facelift 2000 though - waaaaaaaa - :(

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
If you have an lcm III and are crafty with wires, you don't need the ballasts.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I'll just put it here to expand Kevin's possible demographic:

You need GT1/DIS (v44 or older), SSS/Progman, or NCSexpert (BMW software that's part of the EDIABAS suite). You'll need to program the LCM for the LED retrofit (available in the GT1/DIS coding menu for the E39).

Elsewhere, you'll just need a set of the light's chassis-side connectors. Either out of a wrecked car, or if they use a generic/3rd-party connector, they can be purchased.

Perhaps I'll document it when I do the swap soon.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'll just put it here to expand Kevin's possible demographic:

You need GT1/DIS (v44 or older), SSS/Progman, or NCSexpert (BMW software that's part of the EDIABAS suite). You'll need to program the LCM for the LED retrofit (available in the GT1/DIS coding menu for the E39).

Elsewhere, you'll just need a set of the light's chassis-side connectors. Either out of a wrecked car, or if they use a generic/3rd-party connector, they can be purchased.

Perhaps I'll document it when I do the swap soon.
The former I have already - the latter I can do but would like to see your write up first - I hope you do it! I'll search a little more on the board for detaila on another swap like this.

Kevin - I'll pm you if I decide to move forward. Thanks to both of you.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.