BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im told the parts system shows the M5 and M6 now have K&N Style peformance air filters for the engine instead of the normal paper type, just like the M3 CSL

Can one of the owners check and maybe take a picture for us ??

·
Registered
943 Posts
Re: Air Filter, OEM K&N Style ??

Service is up on friday. Will check it then.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi SuperBMW, ATS will have the standard type elements in with next shipment due in end November priced at about R380-00 each. I told them to bring in more than just the one set for me but don't know what they have in mind. Would like a set of the induction kit IF they actually deliver the extra power and torque.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by a "normal paper type". I have an 07 and when I removed the charcoal filters, I have the same ooange filters as show up in the pictures in the DIY thread for removing the charcoal filters.

·
Registered
101 Posts
K&N Air Filter Elements

Part numbers for the direct replacement K&N elements are 33-2350 rhs and 33-2352 lhs.
No figures on them as yet. European office of K&N just said to expect ïmproved"performance, whatever that is supposed to mean.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My K&N filter are schedule to arrive this Friday. I will see if their will be any difference in the permormance. But for less than $100.00 US tax, shipping and all. I think that's not a lot of money for our Beast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine came in today. Will have them on tonight. I'll let u know my results as well.

flgojr said:
My K&N filter are schedule to arrive this Friday. I will see if their will be any difference in the permormance. But for less than $100.00 US tax, shipping and all. I think that's not a lot of money for our Beast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
k&n installed and I will say you can hear that the engine is breathing better. The new flilters are half the depth of the oem ones. As far as noticable increases in performance...hard to tell. I put them in for the air flow and the fact that i'll never have to replace them.

flgojr said:
Great! can you post your findings ASAP?

·
Registered
201 Posts
ChattViper said:
k&n installed and I will say you can hear that the engine is breathing better. The new flilters are half the depth of the oem ones. As far as noticable increases in performance...hard to tell. I put them in for the air flow and the fact that i'll never have to replace them.
Thanks for the feedback. Have a great weedkend!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
ChattViper said:
I just put the K&N in as well but man it was a pain in the butt to close the airbox. It wasn't easy with the stock ones either but this was ridiculous. Did any of you guys find it hard or harder to clip shut?

·
Registered
201 Posts
deknight said:
I just put the K&N in as well but man it was a pain in the butt to close the airbox. It wasn't easy with the stock ones either but this was ridiculous. Did any of you guys find it hard or harder to clip shut?
i had mine installed with no more then 15min. for both side. it's very important that you a line the filter housing on line with the box lip. When it laid properly the clip should just slide or snap right away.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Any more feedback yet on their full cold air kit. I've just heard that it's "coming"......??!! but nothing on actual tested performance.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Vee Ten GP said:
Any more feedback yet on their full cold air kit. I've just heard that it's "coming"......??!! but nothing on actual tested performance.
Well, if feel more responsive. But no info support of any gain with it. I'm not aware of the cold air kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts