648 Posts
Email sent.

Reactions: h3md

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
Want to BUY:
oem exhaust for 2006 m6
I have a 2006 full Oem exhaust with 30.000 miles, in very good condition.

Stored in one piece as it comes from the factory. I am willing to cut it in three sections and pack it carefully.

Asking 1200$.

Only downside is that I am located in distant Greece- Europe. Transport cost will be high. Approximately 400-700 USD, depending

if it is by mail or UPS.

George

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gk
Thank you so much for the offer
I tried to import some used bbs lm for my nsx from Norway and it was impossible dealing with customs and taxes. So I will probably graciously pass.
Btw, I just bought my 2006 m6 blk/blk last week and am very impressed with yours and plan to do similar things as yours!

·
8,369 Posts
May I ask why you need an OEM exhaust for?

FYI, I have a set of OEM exhaust that came out of my 2006 M6 at only 7,000 miles.
Not full exhaust system but just the mufflers as I replaced them with Tubi Rumore cat back exhaust system.

Let me know if you are interested on my OEM exhaust. It is inside my garage resting inside my Tubi exhaust boxes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
got on pm for details

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan:
I just picked up my new car this past week and haven't even registered it. I'll post pictures once I figure out how. The hesitation of buying my car was that my wife doesn't like loud cars. I wanted to buy a 1972 BMW 2002 about 25 years ago and my wife nixed that due to the loud exhaust, which I loved. I just like engine noise and almost never listen to the radio.
So far she hasn't even heard the m6, but my kids have. They tell me the car is loud and I haven't even heard it from the outside.
Although, I love my Meisterschaft SUS touring hp catback (and one of the reason I wanted to buy it, although it aint a Tubi), I told her I would look into getting a quieter exhaust like an oem.
You know, I have noticed how difficult it is to get one! In the meantime, I'll have to put up with the noise and the drone of the Meisterschaft and put up with staring at those oval tips. although the muffler delete seems very interesting too. Who said life is fair.
my NSX oem exhaust is also sitting in my aftermarket exhaust box.
IDEA!!! I am leaning towards trying to re-engineer that NSX oem exhaust to fit the M6. To do that properly (and there is no way I am going to start that project until I do all the research), it may take years. used the search and did not find a similar project, so I will have to start from scratch. As I have always taught my residents, the hardest thing to learn is patience.
do you think I am on the right track?
Harry:cheers:
ps: am really pumped to do all the mods! they don't require that much research since you guys have done it all before.

·
8,369 Posts
Hi Harry, congrats again on your new toy.

Here are my thoughts and my own personal opinion re: exhausts.

We all have heard loud exhausts in the past. Did we like it?
If one says I like loud exhausts and I dont care what my family and other people say and I willing to put up with the drone - then go for it.
Life is too short. Always get what you want and what makes you happy.

I am different, when I was in the market for an exhaust for my M5 - my criteria were:
Very nice sounding, audible but not too loud, can barely hear at idle - mash the pedal and it produces a nice commanding growl.
I didnt want an exhaust that is too tame as I know I wont be satisfied with it. I want an F1 sounding exhaust.

Drone is absolutely unacceptable for me at any RPM.
Build quality has to be great.
And I want an exhaust that will make me and other people smile whenever I hear it.

So I listened to a lot of exhausts out there.
The only exhaust that fits all my criteria was Tubi so I bought one for my M5.
Tubi makes me smile whenever I hear it.
I rarely listen to my stereo now as I love the Tubi sound.
I drive now often with windows rolled down so I can hear my Tubis.

I have never had anyone complain about how loud or harsh sounding my Tubi is.
When people hear my Tubi - they all look at my car and give me the thumbs up.
Drivers at the stop light would pull along side and tell me how nice sounding my exhaust is and ask me to rev the engine.
My wife, son and family loves my Tubi too especially its built quality like a fine musical instrument.
I have never ever had anyone complain about my exhaust, ever.

When I sold my M5 to get the M6 - my first mod was Tubi exhaust.
It is expensive but I consider it money well spent.

But again - we are all different.
Remember always that it doesnt really matter what other people say.
Its your car - do whatever makes you happy.
In life, as long as we are happy with our own toys - that is the only thing that matters.

Looking forward to seeing some photos!
And let the mods begin!

In case you havent seen my video, here's my 5 minute video featuring the nice sounding Tubis.

YouTube - BMW M6. North Cascade Fall Drive 2010.

·
8,369 Posts
By the way, re: trying the NSX exhaust on your M6, if you have the time to play with it - why not?
How do you think it will sound on an M6? There's only 1 way to find out - by trial, but its time consuming and I am not sure if you will like the sound. There are already plenty of choices out there.

Another BTW, FYI, I have a close neighbor that owns a Saleen. His exhaust is really really loud and harsh sounding.

I swear one of my other neighbors will shoot him one day as he drives by as his exhaust is way TOO LOUD, too harsh sounding and it wakes us all up in the morning.

I dont think he will find many neighbors that will volunteer to help him when his car breaks down or he needs help around his house.

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
Our friend Dan, Harry, is a very wise person.

AT LEAST FOR A 15 YEAR OLD KID.

You must listen to him. Although I am his uncle, he has tought me many-many things.

GOOD BOY DAN. GOOD BOY. NOW IT IS TIME FOR YOUR CHOCOLATE. AND STOP DESTROYING THE M6.

Your uncle,

George:7::7::7:

·
8,369 Posts
Thanks Uncle George!

BTW, Harry, in case you didnt see my other post, I am actually the same age as George (51).

Just for kicks, I thought I'd reverse the digits for fun so some people I dont know may think I am smart for my age : )

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Our friend Dan, Harry, is a very wise person.

AT LEAST FOR A 15 YEAR OLD KID.

You must listen to him. Although I am his uncle, he has tought me many-many things.

GOOD BOY DAN. GOOD BOY. NOW IT IS TIME FOR YOUR CHOCOLATE. AND STOP DESTROYING THE M6.

Your uncle,

George:7::7::7:
Thanks Uncle George!

BTW, Harry, in case you didnt see my other post, I am actually the same age as George (51).

Just for kicks, I thought I'd reverse the digits for fun so some people I dont know may think I am smart for my age : )
hihahihahihahihahihahihahihahiha

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the oem exhaust i can trade plus cash if that speaks more incentive .....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all you guys!
Matty, will let you know but go get yourself an exhaust you love
George, you are really taking care of your nephew Dan well
Kamikaze, how the hell can you get those guys rolling?
Dan, thank you for your most insightful discussion. I whole heartedly agree! I loved your videos! I love your tubi!

My impression is that the m6 oem exhaust is impossible or at least very difficult to get. I will have to put up with my Meister exhaust for the immediate future. I will of course look into converting my nsx oem exhaust but only after a thorough , or rather more accurately, exhaustive delving into the literature i.e beating a dead horse research, this may take years if it is to be done correctly. I will also search on my nsx forum to see if someone has done that but I am afraid that no one is stupid enough to try that. but then again, that is me.

did I tell you guys how much I love my car and exhaust!

have been able upload some pictures onto my album, but how do you attach it to a post?:cheers::cheers:

·
8,369 Posts
Hi Harry. Happy to hear you love your beast and your exhaust.

To attach photos and links on your post, click Reply, then at the bottom of the reply page click on Manage Attachments.
There you attach photos and links.

Have a great Sunday.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dan: only thing worse than an Asian with a camera is an Asian with a camera that can upload pictures. let me know when I over do it!hiha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts