BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that has a set of OEM Euro Hella's that he said he will sell to me with aluminum adjusters installed instead of the plastic ones.

He is asking $1000 for them. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks for the link...i'll use this a leveraging tool. The only other site I had seen was at bekkers. which was a lot higher.
There's another one on the Umnitza site, I believe for $599. It also says OE Euro, so I'm not sure what the differences are. Best of luck, mang.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's another one on the Umnitza site, I believe for $599. It also says OE Euro, so I'm not sure what the differences are. Best of luck, mang.
Yeah i know they sell one that is their own making but i wanted to get completely stock OEM Hella's for the best fit.

I appreciate the info.

·
8,369 Posts
Umnitza is a great resource, and also a board sponsor.

I didnt know they carry them. I puchased mine in eBay from a seller from Germany. I think I paid $849.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah i know they sell one that is their own making but i wanted to get completely stock OEM Hella's for the best fit.

I appreciate the info.
No problem. They do have their own - I think it's called Projector39. It's somewhere around $400 I believe.

·
Registered
151 Posts

I think the cheaper ones have amber reflectors.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey!!!!!!!! Good to hear from you.

FYI, I will be traveling to Irvine next month for a meeting. Planning on hooking up with Chris/laidback for dinner one evening. Hope you can join us.
For sure, Dan. Let me know when you'll be in town (I live in OC), and I'd love to join you guys if I'm free.

I emailed you my number ;).

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the help and link guys. Gonna tell him how much brand new ones cost and see what he will do.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Just want to clarify for y'all.
We only offer 3 types - ALL have clear turn signal covers, chrome side reflectors, no LED in the reflector area, and Euro cut off.

1) Hella OE Euro Xenon headlight
2) Hella OE Euro Headlight (non-xenon)
3) Projector39 with or without Xenon

1 - works on all 01+ E39s with or without Xenons. If you have Xenons already, you only pay $869, if you do not, you have to add the xenon controllers.

2 - same as #1 but you have to get a Xenon kit with it. It makes no real sense to buy 2 and no one does as a result.

3 - only fits perfectly on 00 M5s or 97-00 E39s in general due to brackets, turn signals, and wiring.

Photo of #1 - with predator ice

Photo of #3

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I went to your site, and have a question

-if I already have Xenon, ('99) do i also have to pay 400+ 250? /why

...and I'd like to see a close up picture of one of these headlights...

thanks

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I went to your site, and have a question

-if I already have Xenon, ('99) do i also have to pay 400+ 250? /why

...and I'd like to see a close up picture of one of these headlights...

thanks
I had xenon but had to get the new xenon system. My old ones were d2s and the new one is H7 (if that makes any sense....I may be mixing up terms). That said, I'd get the $250 ballast kit that sports 55w. It's lifetime guaranteed, also. It is unbelievably awesome and driving on a pitch-black road has never been so cool. Under common night driving conditions, it makes it seem as if all the other cars have their lights off.

As for close-up pictures of the unit, you can look here

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
There is a caveat with your year of car.
Your HID ballast is the size of a brick, it's 3X the size of the ones in the 00+ cars.

Chances are very good that it will not fit into the provided rear bracket of the headlights. Therefore, you'd be better off selling your lights as a unit than trying to fit the big ballast.

Also, by 400+ 250 I assume you mean Euros? If so, then
it's
588.094 EUR for the headlights only and about 150 more for shipping and ballasts.

As for close ups:
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/e39proj/IMG_7493.jpg - P39 Closeup

hella closeup
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/e39proj/BMWE39LIGHTa.jpg

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
actually, my ballast is also the small one...

thanks Diny -nice pics...

I was wonderingif this has the leveling motor...

...the install on the website (a 540) does not look like fun... oh well...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts