BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some mixed messages sent out on the OEM supplier of the E60 M5 engine mounts. Are they Corteco or genuine BMW? I'm looking to purchase them for my rod bearing replacement. Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Corteco is OEM. Genuine BMW ones are the ones you would get if you went to a dealer, Corteco is who actually makes them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corteco is OEM. Genuine BMW ones are the ones you would get if you went to a dealer, Corteco is who actually makes them.
Awesome, I'm going to go ahead and purchase them then. Big time savings too. $228 vs $75...

Only concern I saw is that FCP Euro said the manufacturing country for Corteco is China. I thought it was Germany from other pictures I've seen, but maybe their listing is wrong.

·
1,834 Posts
Lemforder ones go for $55 from rockauto. Highly doubt corteco being oem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Awesome, I'm going to go ahead and purchase them then. Big time savings too. $228 vs $75...

Only concern I saw is that FCP Euro said the manufacturing country for Corteco is China. I thought it was Germany from other pictures I've seen, but maybe their listing is wrong.

View attachment 936840
View attachment 936841
Yeah I was under the impression Corteco was German manufactured as well, they were OEM for my old E55 AMG. Not so sure about that one, might be worth emailing FCP

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lemforder ones go for $55 from rockauto. Highly doubt corteco being oem.

Interesting because I've seen pictures from other people with a Corteco marking on them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was under the impression Corteco was German manufactured as well, they were OEM for my old E55 AMG. Not so sure about that one, might be worth emailing FCP
Yea, I reached out to them. I'll let everyone know what they say.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Lemforder/ZF is the OEM for this and hundreds of other parts on the E60. The Corteco units may be a repack of the Lemforder units. Febi Bilstein does this all the time. Any thing is better than old ones. Here are ones from my 2010 with 86k miles that I dissected.
IMG_5704.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All,

Below is the response from FCP Euro. It's the response we figured we would get.

"Thanks for contacting FCP Euro!

I was happy to look into this for you. While yes, Corteco is German manufacture most companies now have warehouses in China they use to make and distribute parts. Unfortunately, this mount is made in China, but Coreteco is still the OEM manufacturer. You should have no issue. I would be happy to take a picture but we are not allowed into the building because of the Virus going around. All of us are working from home, except for the shipping center.

I'm here to help with any further questions or concerns!"

Now it's time to make a decision--Corteco for $38/pc, Lemforder for $63/pc, or "genuine BMW" for $114/pc. I have a couple of months to decide due to the BE rod bearings being on back-order.

Here is a used OEM engine mount on eBay:

& here is the Corteco piece...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Ive got two new lemforder ones sitting around, boxes say made in germany. Probably not worth trying to save $30

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I need to get these too - will change when I do rod bearings in the next year. My mounts seem pretty shot at 66K miles - I am getting a subtle vibration at all engine speeds and even with the clutch in (6MT car) so it's not the driveshaft. I just bought this car so I don't have a reference point of what it should feel like - but the motor is dead smooth, the vibration isn't coming from the motor itself. Could also be the trans mount. or both. I suppose I could swap the trans mount myself since should be doable without nearly as much pain as engine mounts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FCP’s website seems to show the Lemforder mounts as being made in China as well
ECS told me that the Lemforder piece is the same as genuine BMW. New supplier essentially. Will see soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,834 Posts
I don't trust ecs or fcp. Ecs for example shows the salmon relay for smg (it's not) and pre 06 e60 rear toe arms being applicable to m5/6s. Fcp is the same. They had a lot of issues back when they sold mostly volvo and called oe stuff that was not even close.

Markup from both is pretty bad. Fcp warranty is good tho.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts