BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings!

I am wrapping up a Sirius retrofit for my 2000 M5 and have come to the conclusion that I need to upgrade the CD to properly switch between Sirius and CD Changer. Does anyone have a part number for BMW CD changer that will work?

Thanks!
Dave

:cheers:

·
10,455 Posts
Are you sure about this Dave? I hadn't heard of that one...
Mike

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mottati said:
Are you sure about this Dave? I hadn't heard of that one...
Mike
Mike,
It looks that way. I have been following Martin Bishops instructions and emailing back and forth with him as well as seeking your advice. The symptoms are that CDC sounds terrible when the Sirius is "in-line", but if you by-pass it and hook the cables directly to CDC, it sounds fine. There is also mention of this in Martin's instructions on this link . The exact text was

"As for the BMW CD player, you might need a newer CD player (or even software upgraded version) that supports the switching of audio sources from Sirius to CD. I am looking into figuring out a work around to use the old CD changer, but have not put too much time into it as I put an MP3/CD/DVD player on my Aux input which is much better anyway. The CD changers from the 2003 and UP X5 work perfectly."

I think that in your case, since you have the Phat box, you avoided this problem.

Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
///M_Addict said:
Greetings!

I am wrapping up a Sirius retrofit for my 2000 M5 and have come to the conclusion that I need to upgrade the CD to properly switch between Sirius and CD Changer. Does anyone have a part number for BMW CD changer that will work?

Thanks!
Dave

:cheers:
OK, and the answer is.... Part Number 82-11-0-028-760. I replaced my original CD Changer with this part number and I am able to switch to the CD Changer and hear music properly! I still have the issue that others have seen and discussed in Gustav's write-up. That is the CD Changer continues to play even after I switch away to another source. No biggie considering I hardly use it compared to Sirius :biggrin:

Dave
cherrsagai

1 - 4 of 4 Posts